ASVAB HELP! NEED TO SCORE A 50 but i got a 17 :(?

Okay, so i got a 17 on my ASVAB score. What can i do to improve? I need a 50 or higher. I can retake in one month. School ends in two weeks and ill have enough time to study. PLEASE HELP ME OUT! I really am interested in this. Im working really hard for it. I dont want to give up. How can i aim for that 50 or higher? I dont understand how i got a 17.

Favorite Answer

what did you do poor on?

if its arithmetic Reasoning and mathematics Knowledge study your formulas, and how to do equations practice, practice!!

read alot and of you see a word you do not know, look it up.

go to the library, there is study guides. that helps alot to.

17 sounds bad, but its ok i didnt get pass the first time, the second time i did awesome(:

you can do it!!

You are NOT the only only one that has had difficultly with the ASVAB test. You just have to take practice tests. Study the topics and get some literature. Ultimately, you have to practice until you get the score you want.

Go to the following link on Air Force Source to help improve your ASVAB score! http://www.airforcesource.com/air-force-recruiting...

Steps to Take In Advance of the Actual Test Day

- Prepare well in advance of the day of the test.

- Know what to expect on test day.Familiarize yourself with the contents of the ASVAB subtests.

- Take sample questions and review content areas in which you need to freshen up your skills.

- Find out whether you will be taking the paper and pencil (P&P) ASVAB, or the CAT-ASVAB, as optimal test-taking strategies differ across the two versions.

(Note: the test content is the same across both versions)

- Get plenty of rest the night before the test.

Strategies For Taking Both Versions of the ASVAB

- Read the directions for each test carefully before you begin the test.

- Read each question carefully before selecting your answer.

- Pay attention to the time — don’t spend too much time on one individual question, if that means you won’t have time to answer later questions.

- When you don’t know the answer to a question, try to rule out as many incorrect choices as you can, and then make an educated guess from the remaining answers.

The link above also shows what jobs are available depending on your ASVAB score. Forget 50...get higher than 80 and you will have many options. Good luck!

Your score is actually less than if you were blindfolded and marked everything by chance.

Take the ASVAB to your Principal and then punch him in the mouth because you are functioning academically at about a 4th Grade level and ready to "graduate" from high school.

Pathetic.

Source(s): ***** 100% Disabled Vietnam Veteran - Former Navy Airborne Electronic Warfare Officer

A 17 means you weren't ready to graduate high school, let alone join the military. It's truly a sad situation.

"What can i do to improve?"

Not be an idiot to start with.

If you're working really hard and got a 17...I'm terrified to think about what you'd get without working hard.

Source(s): Active-duty Navy