How did the Iranian Hostage Crisis affect the way Americans treated Iranians living in the US?

ok this is the question i have to answer for my 3-5 page research page. I need to find articles online like on ebsco or anything like that and i have to cite and note card it today. If you have any articles or websites i can look at that would be helpful thanks!!!!!!!! BTW these articles need to answer this question

Favorite Answer

From my memory, it didn't affect Iranians living in the US at all.

Everyone knew it was the Iranian government that was being a bunch of jack@sses, not the Iranian people.

Unfortunately, it seems this bit of common sense was quickly worn away. During the 80s and 90s, anyone who looked Asian would be assumed to be Japanese, and be the target of harassment by unemployed auto-workers. Then of course 9/11 did happened, and now everyone hates Muslims...