is my pc safe? now??

ok so yesterday i was scammed by one similar to this http://guides.yoosecurity.com/wp-content/uploads/2...

so i installed norton 360 because i was told i would probrably have a virus but norton says this

"pc status safe" so is it safe?

• Favorite Answer

The top recommended Anti virus software do not necessarily provide the best security for your computer. You may think they do because they are plastered all over the Internet but in all truth, some of the best Anti virus software are FREE OF CHARGE for home users.

A few years back, I was the leading computer technician. I learned a valuable lesson about Anti virus Software. My task was to find the software that caught the most threats so we could provide our clients with only the best Anti virus.

I installed a bunch of viruses and did some testing! I tried 10 different Anti virus software installed separately including AVG, Norton, Mcfee, Avast, Panda and a few others. I could not believe the results!

Avast caught 91% of all threats! Norton only caught 17% anMcAfeeee was even bellow that. The only one that proved to be more effective was Avast Free edition.

It’s an award winning software that offers many levels of protection including a Spyware blocker. They even offer FREE Customer Support!

I’ve gone years with the same windows install without ever having to reformat due to viruses and such. I even download videos and music where a lot of viruses are picked up!

.

They offer a free version and a paid version for businesses. I’ve been using this free software and I recommend it to everybody who wishes to see how effective an Antiv irus is suppose to be. The software updates frequently which means your virus database is up to date and ready for the newest attacks.

Try it out! You have nothing to lose because it’s free. Make sure to uninstall Norton first before you test Avast. If you don’t like it, put Norton back on. It’s that simple!

Let me know what the results were! I want to hear how impress you are with this free software. If you have something lurking on your computer, I am sure Avast will find it!

Source(s): Avast.com

Well sometimes it's hard to get rid of virus' once they're in your computer. I get virus' all the time (yeah, okay, I download too much junk...)! Although a security system is a very safe option, you may want to save a copy of your important files onto a memory stick or back-up disk (though sometimes this is hard because they may have been infected by the supposed virus), just in case you have to send your computer back to factory settings (doing so would completely wipe your data back to factory settings - how your computer was the very first time you switched it on - also meaning it would wipe any trace of the virus).

Always do back-ups regularly, or at least with important information!

Your link shows you got Ransomware, which is not a virus.

Will Norton stop or remove Ransomware ? No, Ransomware is not a virus.

Can malwarebytes stop Ransomware ? Yes.

Can a antimalware program remove Ransomware ? yes.

Norton is known to miss on some forms of malware, so people run malwarebytes along side Norton.

• Arthur

no its not, Norton's is rubbish, a lot of FREE antivirus software is much better than Norton's (and I am speaking from experience) uninstall norton and install a good free antivirus and antispyware that WILL get rid of all the nasties out of your computer

Avira free antivirus

http://www.filehippo.com/download_antivir/

(go to the download latest version link)

malware bytes anti spyware free edition

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_ant...

scan your computer with both those and it will be "safe"

just remember to uninstall Norton's first otherwise it will cause conflicts with the other security software

• Jacob

Yes, Your PC is safe.

Update Norton regularly and scan your PC periodically.

norton is a very good security software if it says safe it should be ok, just do regular scans to ensure safety

that website is a scam. do not pay

• Linda

Probably not.

• Jaz

yes.