Why are there so many ladyboys in Thailand?

I will start by saying I have nothing against this, as I feel people should be what they want. I was just wondering how it seems so widely accepted in Thailand, as there are so many ladyboy shows, available surgery etc. I am visiting Thailand in the summer and hope to go and see a ladyboy show myself, for the experience. How come there are so many sex changes in Thailand then any other country, considering it is not a liberal country? If someone can give me an insight that would be great.

Favorite Answer

I don't know for sure but I think it is because there is a lot of demand for ladyboys from perverted foreigners and men who think they are not gay if they have sex with a man who looks like a woman. I think many ladyboys do it for the money, not because they are really trans gender. Many people live in poverty in Thailand and are desperate. I do not know why the government is so liberal about it, maybe because they know it drawers the tourists which ultimately bring in revenue for the country.

You might find it quite liberal sexually here - more so than your home country. Orientation is not a big deal. I was at a friends yesterday and I remember a couple of yrs ago her telling me her 10 yr old son was maybe going to be a ladyboy - he is now 12 and he enjoys doing the laundry and housework - which she appreciates cause she does not. He is a nice kid and she is very happy with him. Maybe if he were in another country this inclination would be suppressed.

Another thing of mention was that many of the men here are slight in build and there was not that much difference, not too big a jump physically. The one ladyboy I know in USA is 6' tall and 250 lbs -

But they are quite accepted here, not unusal to find working as a waitress or whatever - they are often quite pretty when they are young - i do feel a bit sorry for the older ones - not so attractive when they become ladymen - as the masculine tends to kick in a bit more as they pass 30 or so.

This question is on many peoples minds when they visit Thailand, one thing you will notice when you visit Thailand is not only are there very high numbers of ladyboys, but they are accepted in to mainstream society. This acceptance of ladyboys encourages them to "come out of the closet" without fear of reprisal.

If transsexuals/transgenders were readily accepted in any given country without fear of mockery or harassment do you think more would come out of the closet ??.

I hope this helps you to understand why there are so many ladyboys in Thailand, another point I would like to make is, this acceptance is not some sort of tolerance of lesser beings but acceptance of what is considered to be the "third sex" in Thailand.

The numbers of ladyboys in Thailand may also appear disproportionately high to tourists because ladyboys are attracted to tourist resorts for work, their gregarious personality also lends itself to the entertainment industry.

Thailand is very understanding on some things and ladyboy/sex change is one of those. Yes Thailand is a conservative culture, but it is also a live and let live culture.

Buddhism, practiced widely here, is very tolerant and the cultures inside it are very evolved.

Source(s): live here

Regardless of what activity you do – be it basketball, football, baseball, or volleyball – you must be rapidly, powerful, and have a high leap.These characteristics can make or separate you as an athlete. This system Vert Shock is produced by the skilled athlete Adam Folker and you'll find it here https://tr.im/eD0PA .

Unlike a number of the jump higher programs the Vert Shock program is fun to complete and you'll actually figure out how to leap in those 8 weeks of program.

Vert Shock is an extremely effective plan, is a kind program and it gives for the results.

Because they are accepted.

There are businesses that want ladyboys to fill certain positions, like cashiers.

If you do not want to accept it, just do not go. They do not bother you unless you start trying to pick them up for a night in the hay.

Thai society is not the pro lady-boy society. In fact, it is quite harsh for many transgender as well. However, Thai transgenders are the special being as they usually posses great social skills. They can keep their friends and colleague in good mood. Their jokes and humors are always superb that can keep many Thai friends laugh hysterically for a while! They are fun to be around so many people don't really mind them and thus they are not being bullied as much.

Warning (:-X

It is better to keep them in good mood as well. They are quite delicate and would unleash eternal vengeance upon those who dare to open the Pandora's box.:-)

Source(s): Native Thai

because they are accepted as the 3rd gender in Thailand...there are men, women & ladyboys and they are not vilified for being who they are - they are just accepted.

We went to a Ladyboy show....it was fantastic....in Bangkok....called the Calypso Caberet...it was just fantastic....the men were so beautiful - amazing show!

http://www.calypsocabaret.com/

1

Source(s): Great Jump Techniques http://emuy.info/VerticalJumpTraining/?7Xvo

It's called Natural selection.