Jordan asked in PetsDogs · 8 years ago

I just got back home and i had to put my dog down?

It sucks, I miss that guy. He was one of my best pals... How do i get over this.. =[

Thanks guys for the help, He was only 9, and my family spent over 700$ on him to try to keep him alive. I knew we did the right thing and give him a chance. His body was killing his own red blood cells, and they were killing them really fast, and docter said he would need 4-5 blood infusions until the meds kicked in. Then the blood infusions would of made him have more problems. So I didn't want him to suffer nor did my mom.. I believe hes in heaven and waiting for me. =[ I will spend more time with my other dog and remember the best memories I had.

Favorite Answer

I am so sorry for what you are going through. Just remember and cherish the memories that you shared together. They will never ever fade and will always keep you strong. When my son Tobie passed away, I found this poem below to help me get through it. My prayers are with you always.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author Unknown

Source(s): Pet Parent

I lost my childhood dog a little more than a year ago and it still hurts a lot. It wouldn't be normal to get over losing such a close relationship quickly.

What helped me most was concentrating on putting more love and time into my other relationships. Extend your dog's friendship to others.

As time passes, it will get a lot easier to experience the happy memories without the hurt.

Source(s): I'm a dog behaviorist
  • joanne

Jordan I am sorry to hear that.

It takes time. Each person is different. Take your time, cherish the memories and don't dwell on the death part, that can sometimes lead to a depression.

My condolences.

if it was sick and the quality of life was going downhill. condolences for the loss you have done the right thing for the dog.

time heals wounds, when the time is right you can adopt another dog of your own choosing if you want that in the future.