Da Pho? asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 years ago

How much faith do you have that the New York Jets and Rex Ryan can develop Geno Smith?

Rex Ryan + First round draft pick Mark Sanchez + Four years starting experience = Butt fumble

Rex Ryan + Fourth round draft pick Geno Smith = ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Smith already had an attitude and is a jerk.. Rex will help him continue in his development.....

Source(s): RT.....
  • blind
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Unfortunately for Geno, if he ever will become a solid starting QB it won't be with the Jets. They Jets could keep drafting whomever they want to play QB, but as long as they don't surround him with weapons he'll struggle. The Jets have no running game, and santonio Holmes is their best receiver...and he's actually more like a #2 or 3 receiver at best.

• D
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I don't know what the result is going to be, but it will likely be spectacularly hilarious and humiliating. Rex Ryan has no ability to develop an offensive player and never should have been given a head coaching job. Combine Geno's sulking, his arrogance and his primadonna need for attention with Rex's blustering and offensive incompetence. Mix in the New York media frenzy and fan expectations and you get a hilarious recipe for disastrous comedy.

• 7 years ago

None at all! The Jets locker room is KATTY according to Abrams; I think it was him! They are more like a Soap Opera than a TEAM As long as the Ryan is there and guys like Holmes; they have no chance. Neither does GENO

Source(s): common sense
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

It depends on his work ethic during every offseason. If Geno Smith works hard and performs very well in practice every day, he will greatly improve his chances of becoming a successful, top notch NFL quarterback for the New York Jets in the future.

• yeah, I don't see that working out so great... in big part due to Ryan... he's not an offensive kind of guy...

but wasn't he a second round pick?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.