Andy asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 7 years ago

Can a blind person who is blind by birth , can he see all the things in his dream ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No they cannot. In dreams they only hear and touch things like they do in real life.

• 7 years ago

As the other answers thus far state, they do not see in their dreams, due to having never seen before. That being said, it has become technologically possible to grant eyesight to those who were born blind. The FDA approved a bionic eye on February 14th, 2013. With it, they might be able to see enough to start dreaming optically as well, but I am not aware that any such studies have yet been made.

Source(s): Googled 'Bionic eye' Googled 'Blind people dream do they see' (Autocompleted by Google after 'Blind people dr') Looked through the search results of numerous similar questions, and formulated a concise answer.
  • 7 years ago

He has nothing to base his dreams on so at first I believe they only hear and feel things when dreaming. After touching different objects they might get a picture of some shapes. But dreams like ours? Unfortunately no

• Kris
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I would think not since dreams come from visual events that are stored in our memory.Would you dream of your dad/mom is you never knew them ? Probably not !

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Why is this in friends?

But no he cannot because he hs not seen shapes to form his dreams

• 7 years ago

Obviously cause he is blind doesn't mean he doesn't have brain to imagine.

• 7 years ago

Well i think yes

• 7 years ago

they only have auditory dreams

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

No. Research shows that they can't.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.