anyone else notice the alarming fact that people now a day think rock i either ACDC or coldplay?

as i get more and more involved in rock music i find that people now a day are only concerned with rock that is getting into the charts (usually indie rock or not even rock atall like coldplay) or heavy and death metal like ACDC, Motorhead and such

please not that im not saying that they are bad i just find it incredibly annoying that people who dont listen to much rock think that that sort of stuff is the best there is and everything that is older or less widely listened to is bad. Anyone else notice this anomaly?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

I believe that trend started in the 90's when the moneymakers began generalizing and reorganizing categories of music, which is why I don't watch music awards.

Btw, I really hate Coldplay with a passion. Just something about them that is painful to listen.

Good rock music and this is my opinion, equals a great drum, bass and electric guitar, etc align with lyrical composition and pulling it off effectively, Anyone can listen to a song and say- " hey, I like that " but we end up not putting into the music itself- does that make sense?

For the heck of it, and because I am a huge music lover, I recommend listening to the following titles-

and before doing so, if you have them, a nice set of ear cupped earphones- I have had Koss for years and love them.

I just uploaded this to my playlists late last night too;

Billy's got a gun by Def Leppard

Two lane blacktop by Rob Zombie- now this may seem debatable, but the hooks are something.

Revolution man by Union Underground

Another one bites the dust by Queen

Louder than hell by Motley Crue

• 7 years ago

I don't know what you're getting at.

when you say "indie rock" you're already giving a crap load of different sounding music since "indie rock" doesn't have a set sound because all indie really means is that it's not mainstream.

maybe you could be more specific as to what your idea of rock is?

BTW, I understand how motorhead and maybe ACDC could be considered metal, but death metal?

You should listen to White Chapel or Lamb of God (I hate that genre of music, but that is death metal)

And indie rock is not really widely listened to, unless you consider bands like Imagine Dragons or FUN to be indie rock. Rap and Pop hold the charts and I think both those bands are more pop than anything else.

• 7 years ago

That's just people who only care about the modern mainstream which is garbage I must say. Most people I know like a wide variety of music from different genres and time periods.

BTW neither AC/DC or Motorhead are death metal lol. They're mostly hard rock.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Coldplay

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

i think of it extremely is as much as the guy to verify in the event that they could forgive and desire to artwork it out. while you're scripting this via question that a guy wrote approximately his cheating spouse a minute in the past then you particularly could desire to pass returned and reread it. He had to stay and forgive her. So i attempt to help him in that. If somebody says they could't forgive (male or lady) then I say pass on then. it extremely is all with reference to the guy and in the event that they experience that they desire to grant it a raffle. I see your element approximately it extremely is worse if a spouse cheats yet I nevertheless do no longer agree. definite it extremely is terrible because of the fact a guy's ego is fragile yet women human beings have an quite confusing time letting go of emotional discomfort. we can not view a guy's affair as in basic terms actual. We see it as a betrayal the comparable way a guy does. i think of they are the two devastating.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.