How to buy a foreclosed/dump of a house?

Hello. I want to buy this house and property that is in my town, It probably got foreclosed on years ago, because its a dump and needs a lot of work.Anyway I want to buy the house and fix it all up, but I don't know who to go to or what I need to do to buy the house. So what are the steps I need to take and... show more Hello.
I want to buy this house and property that is in my town, It probably got foreclosed on years ago, because its a dump and needs a lot of work.Anyway I want to buy the house and fix it all up, but I don't know who to go to or what I need to do to buy the house. So what are the steps I need to take and who do I need to talk to? To get the house? Thanks.
Update: 0o and what if a bank owns it? Because a lot of house around here get bought by the banks. Is it then harder to buy it?