Verlander-Prince trade?

I'm in a 12-team H2H league with 7x7 cats with batting cats (R, H, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP) and pitching cats (W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, QS) and am currently in the process of making a blockbuster move for Verlander. I have rarely lost a pitching category this year and thus have never lost a matchup and am trying to solidify my lead in pitching to make my team even that much more dominant there. I may have to trade Prince but I bank on Craig bouncing back or finding hot hitter on waivers. In this league, pitching is key (the two teams that reached finals last year used 7 of first 8 combined picks on SPs) and I like the idea of owning both Kershaw and Verlander but I wonder if this is worth it. Here is the offer I'm thinking of:

I get: Verlander + Matt Holliday and give up: Prince + Medlen + Brandon Moss

Note: I'd probably pick up Nolan Arenado, Donaldson, or Vernon Wells with the extra roster spot

My roster is currently C - VMart, 1B - Prince, 2B - Brandon Phillips, Kipnis, SS - Lowrie, Segura 3B - Young, OF - Jones, Allen Craig, Brandon Moss, SP - Kershaw, Medlen, Fister, Peavy, Miley, RP - Romo, Rivera, Balfour, Henderson, Rosenthal.

His roster is currently C - Yadier, 1B - Ryan Howard, Freeman, Konerko, 2B - Utley, 3B - Middlebrooks, SS - Alcides Escobar, OF - Holliday, Swisher, Starling Marte, SP - Verlander, Tim Hudson, Cain, Kyle Kendrick, Corbin, Matt Harrison, RP - Kimbrel, Valverde, Benoit, Chris Perez, Joel Peralta, Motte

Should I make this offer? I know he said we might have to negotiate and he might ask for a closer but for now, this is the offer I want to make. Should I?

I'm guessing you say I have to offer more lol

who else should i add if anyone? I thought Moss was that guy lol

Favorite Answer

Throw in the girlfriend, and you've got a deal.

Source(s): lol. the ever popular 'player to be named later'.

I would do the trade and pick up Wells, but you might have to give up a little more as you stated. Maybe Lowrie?

I'd do it since I don't think Moss will keep up his hot streak.