What party do you want to come first in the local elections?

In the U.K

As a percentage

Favorite Answer

UKIP

Don't forget to vote UKIP on Thursday 2nd May. It is vital to this country.

• ?

Nationally, as others have said, I'd like to see UKIP give the main parties a good kicking.

However, they are local elections, about local issues, so I will be voting LibDem for Somerset County Council & Mendip District.

No UKIP activity in the area at all.

The local Conservatives are backing some loopy projects in the area.

LibDems oppose these loopy projects.

Labour doesn't stand a chance here, & I'm not inclined to support them anyway (unless there was a good local councillor I knew).

This is a very difficult political question for everybody to answer apart from The Right Honourable Mr David Cameron MP (Witney). This is because apart from The Right Honourable (or perhaps the not so Right Honourable) Mr David Cameron MP, everybody is in conclusion that the Conservative government has failed and people should look at the alternatives which are equally bad. The Labour Party is run by an idiot, the Liberal Democrats will never be an option since they joined the coalition, the Green Party has the wrong priorities. The only half decent option is UKIP as they are trying to combat the fruitcakes, scones and teacakes running the European Parliament (mainly Mr Barroso and his commision of many many people) although they will be no better at running the UK than anyone else.

There is only one solution. The Right Honourable Mr Eric Pickles MP needs to break away from the Conservatives and form his own party with only him in it and then the country will be in save hands (as well as assuring the future of the pickle, blue cheese and biscuit industry).

VOTE PICKLES FOR PRIME MINISTER

Even though it's local and not national i would love to see UKIP do well,i wont vote for them myself because in my area the labour candidates actually do a very good job but if UKIP pick up some seats i am going to enjoy watching the conservative party squirm.

I had a leaflet from the conservative party today,on the front it thanked me for my courtesy during their recent visit to my doorstep (no one here has had a doorstep visit!) and on the back it dedicated the space to telling me how i must not vote for UKIP and how awful they are,i was rather disappointed that all they could do to try for my vote was criticise another party heavily and not actually tell me what they could offer this area.

So since all they can do is lie and spill bile about others without admitting their own terrible failings i want to see UKIP give them a kicking.

Since it is a local election, the party that comes first where you live has no bearing on who wins anywhere else.

It's a local election, for your local council.

Having said that - for all that I despised the last labour government, we have some exceptionally good labour councillors. Our ward isn't voting tomorrow, but if it was, I'd be voting to keep some exceptional councillors in a job - even though I fear their party at a national level.

Well - seeing as this is the important local elections (mid term, therefore displaying the mood of the country...)

I'd like to see UKIP pick up seats, Labour and the Lib Dems to loose seats and the Conservatives to either hold or pick up a few. David Camereon is doing his best - he's just hampered by the Cleggy and his band of Liberal bleeding hearts...

But locally - I want my Con Counciller to retain his seat. He's been doing a good job, he's canvased in the area (albeit because he lives locally and has no excuse not to) and has attended every (and I mean every) village meeting in his ward.

• MYRTEL

Dont care as long as Lib Dems get a bloody good bashing. But I will be happy if UKIP do well.

EDIT - Mr Crumpet > Eric Pickles is the most despicable MP in parliament today. God help us if he was to gain any more power.

You know what, I hope UKIP take over loads of councils. It's not that I'm a UKIP supporter, quite the opposite, I think they are a bunch of right wing tories who haven't got a clue about finance or any credible plan that would help us out of recession. I therefore hope they take over loads of councils as I'm pretty sure they would fu/ck everything up for their constituents and then people would realise just how totally useless they really are. So watch out for your coming UKIP councillors, they may well be ex BNP or National front supporters who are looking for somewhere to go.

I'd like to see a sea change in British politics - I'd like to see UKIP advance enough to really make Cameron take notice. If all the established parties took heavy losses that would give me cause for celebration.

• Zheia

Where I am there will not be an election, as the councillors are elected 3 years in every 4. So the next election is in May 2014. But if there was an election, I would want thre Green Party to win.

The one that will do the best for my local community - it's a LOCAL election, not a national one lol.