Getting rid of insomnia?

My doctor refused to give me medicine to help me sleep even before I became pregnant because she didn't think I needed them, even though I've had severe insomnia since I was 13 that caused me to drop out of school, lose friends, neglect my health, and prevents me from working. Needless to say I'm... show more My doctor refused to give me medicine to help me sleep even before I became pregnant because she didn't think I needed them, even though I've had severe insomnia since I was 13 that caused me to drop out of school, lose friends, neglect my health, and prevents me from working.
Needless to say I'm getting a new doctor. But I'm just so sick of not seeing the sun, I love being outside during the day but I can never go out anymore... I have so many things to get done. I need to have my car fixed, I need to buy groceries, take the cat to the vet, see my family... But I can't do any of this. My insomnia is controlling my life and I don't know what to do.

I've tried everything I can think of and have found online, but I'm hoping someone will finally tell me something to fix this once and for all.

Is there anything I can take while pregnant to help me sleep at night? Or does anyone have any tips for forcing myself to sleep?
1 answer 1