What does whey protein do? Best protein powder?

Hello I am just starting to seriously lift in a attempt to get bigger for wrestling season next year. I am new to lifting in a lot of ways and my coach has given me a workout to do, but no advice on the diet, so I have done research online about it and besides stocking up on chicken breast and vegtebales, they say... show more Hello I am just starting to seriously lift in a attempt to get bigger for wrestling season next year. I am new to lifting in a lot of ways and my coach has given me a workout to do, but no advice on the diet, so I have done research online about it and besides stocking up on chicken breast and vegtebales, they say take Whey protein. I mean isn;t protein protein regardless of where it comes from, and why is Whey protein more effective? I have 3 protein powders and one of them is whey protein, but it tastes bad to me so I usually don't drink it, i will if I find out how effective it is.
I have 3 protein powders and would like to know what to take:
Gold Standard whey protein: only 130 cal (10 from fat) and has 24g of protein per serving.
Syntha-6 Protein: 200 cal(50 from fat) and has 22g of protein per serving(usually take this one)
HYPERBOLIC MASS GAINER: 710 calories( 45 from fat) with 50g of protein.
Thanks for anyone willing to lend advice to new lifter and have a nice day.