Boyles Law, 10 points for any help?

Pressure (Number of discs)/Weight of book (lbs)/Average Volume(mL)/Force (N)/Pressure (N/m2)/Total pressure

0/0/57/0/0/92,000

1/2.5/51/?/?/?

2/5.0/45/?/?/?

3/7.5/40/?/?/?

4/10.0/35/?/?/?

5/12.5/31/?/?/?

Calculate the force and pressure for each trial.

If the pressure that day was 92,000 N/m2, calculate the total pressure for each trial.

(I hope this table makes sense, I can provide clarification if needed)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Boyle's Law states that the product of the pressure and volume for a gas is a constant for a fixed amount of gas at a fixed temperature. Written in mathematical terms, this law is

P V = constant

A common use of this law is to predict how a change in pressure will alter the volume of the gas or vice versa. Such a problem can be regarded as a two state problem: the initial state (represented by subscript i) and the final state (represented by subscript f). If a sample of gas initially at pressure Pi and volume Vi is subjected to a change that does not change the amount of gas or the temperature, the final pressure Pf and volume Vf are related to the initial values by the equation

Pi Vi = Pf Vf

• 4 years ago

Boyle's regulation: "At consistent temperature, the quantity of a given mass of gas is Inversely Proportional to its Absolute rigidity". P1V1 = P2V2... (rigidity strengthen <===> volume shrink) and vice versa) #a million: a million.000atm x 150mL = P2 x 75mL. P2 (very final rigidity = (a million.0atm x a hundred and fifty.0mL) / 75mL = 2.0atm (bigger rigidity). #2: (150mL / 300mL) / a million.0atm = 0.5 atm (decreased rigidity to partial vacuum). #3: a)..gas leakage from the equipment in answer #a million; b)..Air leakage into the equipment in answer #2.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.