Questions about my braces ? please answer and I will answer yours !? 10pts best answer?

Well I just got them on Thursday and I have 3 questions. 1) why is the wire for my braces so thin ? It feels cheap and u can't see them unless u r a few feet away 2) they didn't hurt at all but the 1st 2days my teeth were really sore and this is my first time with braces and I've been told that they... show more Well I just got them on Thursday and I have 3 questions.
1) why is the wire for my braces so thin ? It feels cheap and u can't see them unless u r a few feet away
2) they didn't hurt at all but the 1st 2days my teeth were really sore and this is my first time with braces and I've been told that they hurt like hell first few days and since they didn't hurt does this mean they aren't straightning my teeth?
3) when I get my braces color changed, will they also put in a different thicker wire that doesn't feel cheap? Thanks in advance and Ik a lot of questions.