Questions about Messianic Judaism?

I love learning about religions, and i try to take something away from each religion or faith that i find compelling. I am christian, and attend a united methodist congregation (for now), but i cross myself in the manner of eastern orthodox churches, i pray often like the muslims, speak some prayers in latin like... show more I love learning about religions, and i try to take something away from each religion or faith that i find compelling. I am christian, and attend a united methodist congregation (for now), but i cross myself in the manner of eastern orthodox churches, i pray often like the muslims, speak some prayers in latin like catholics, believe in a sort of liberation theology like the protestants, and pray with a type of rosary called "christian beads". I want my faith to be mine, but i also want to see and experience the world through the eyes of others with a complex world-view, so i adopt different habits, but all pertain to Jesus as the Christ. However a few days ago i was listening to a speaker at my youth group talk about messianic judaism, and it intrigued me. I think that they are christians, not really jews, but the practice and way this man lived his life was compelling, so i did some research. I come from a family with Jewish roots, but over the last few generations we have kind of forgotten about them. So here are my questions:
1.) Are there sects of messianic judaism that are truly ethnically jewish or are they mostly southern baptist wannabes? (heard that from the speaker)
2.) I do believe i will celebrate a lot of the holidays and festivals, but i don't want to come across as disrespectful to the jewish way of life, so is there anything i should do to keep my actions respectful?
3.) Where can i learn about the jewish culture, way of life, etc. to learn how to live my life in a way that satisfies my will to serve, but also respects a tradition that stretches back thousands and thousands of years?

PS I am a younger person thinking about doing religious studies in college, and cultures, heritage, etc. fascinate me. I thought this might clear it up for those thinking i am just flaky and ill-informed. Thanks for the help!
Update: Before everyone gets too caught up, understand that I AM NOT CONVERTING (not shouting i just want to make it noticeable) I am just considering integrating a few jewish beliefs and practices into my own faith so i can be a more complete, empathetic and knowledgeable citizen of the world.