How to prepare for Army Ranger School?

I am currently in high school and would like to know from experience what should I shoot for to increase my chances for success at passing Army Ranger school. I plan on doing Rotc for two years then air assault and maybe pre ranger. I am fairly athletic and continue to improve on my two mile, pull ups and sit ups. I run cross country and wrestle for my school. Please only serious answers. Thanks In advance and what can prevent me from going in

Favorite Answer

You get selected to go to Ranger School. Or at least, you need approval from your chain of command. It's a leadership school for, I believe, Sgts and above. First and foremost, getting selected is a challenge in itself, especially in the NCO dominated US Army. Secondly, there's very little you can do to prepare other than what you should already be doing as a leading soldier. The main things tested are coolness under adversity, resilience to sleep deprivation and team work. The physical aspect is only one part of it, and unless you want to try not sleeping for 3 days then seeing how many sets of pull ups and press ups you can manage until you pass out, then I wouldn't worry too much about it yet.

I built a Lego Star Wars Death Star so I'm wondering if I can go work for NASA . I plan on buying a telescope and a book on underwater basket weaving and working as an astronaut before I apply to the CIA as an assassin. Seriously high speed? Slow your role. Graduate, talk to a recruiter and pass basic. You may wash out anyways. It still amazes me some of the idiots I get right out of high school that can't take me yelling at them.

Source(s): I am an E-5 11b

why would you even worry about ranger school now ?

you cannot go to ranger school until you have been in the army for a min of two years

most don't get there until 3 to 7 years in the army

dont you have to become an army soldier first then move your way up? I believe you will prepare for it enough when you are just a basic infantry soldier in the army....Navy seals just dont just become a navy seal because they took the schooling, they were already in the military in some branch and then tested to become a seal....they used their prior experience to help them through it...thats how you prepare

• Ray H

Run, do pushups and situps.