Why do I look horrible in photographs?

I'm not ugly but I know I'm not attractive, I think I look okay when I look in the mirror but terrible in photographs, I'm not very good at fake smiling and I never wear make up. I'm not sure if these could be the reason but I'm not even confident enough to have a profile picture because I just look so ugly in every photograph. Do you have any tips on how to take a good picture?

Favorite Answer

Not photogenic ? No neither was I. Try taking loads of photos! It sounds cheesy but keep trying till you are comftable with taking pictures of yourself. Personally I think it builds your confidence up in yourself..which aslo will help in taking a better pic. Aslo the angels from which you take the photo really do help.

Source(s): I hope this helped

This question has so much to do with aesthetics, which is subjective. If I noticed you in a photo and in a reflect, I would have one more opinion than yours: I might think that you look just right in each, or in neither. What other folks see (traditionally) is in the direction of the snapshot picture in the feel that the image shouldn't be flipped left to proper. Nevertheless, the camera does distort the snapshot in other methods, certainly at extreme focal lengths. I don't want to get too technical right here in explaining what a focal length is, so just recollect how an photograph looks through a door peephole and how an photograph looks by way of strong binoculars. Relative to the focal size of your eyes, the peephole and the binoculars distort the image in opposite instructions. Most cameras, until you place them at precisely the proper focal length, distort the picture in approaches that your eyes in no way would. However, even at the proper focal length, we're talking a few still image. And even with video, we're nonetheless speakme about a 2-dimensional photo. I want you to take a look at two experiments: take a photograph of yourself within the mirror. Have a close friend take a photograph of you. Examine the two photographs.

I don't know how to make yourself look nice in a photo but it happens to me all of the time try to relax your face and Open your eyes a bit wider, that is what works for me but it might not work for you, just try it.

firstly honeybee, you've gotta be more positive and if you can't then you'll never feel good. I know it's hard but you could first start by thinking you prettier than other girls and say why, but don't tell them. From there you'll work yourself BUT EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT IN TERMS OF THEIR THINKING SO DO WHAT'S CORRECT FOR YOU!!!!

Try lifting up your eyebrows, it lifts up your face an makes your eyes look much nicer, helps me a lot.

• Welcome in my club LOL