Men are meant to spread their seed to many women?

I've heard many men state that they're programmed to spread their seed to several women, therefore it is unreasonable to expect men to stick with one woman or help raise their offspring, as that's all down to the woman. If men were simply meant to impregnate woman after woman, he'd end up... show more I've heard many men state that they're programmed to spread their seed to several women, therefore it is unreasonable to expect men to stick with one woman or help raise their offspring, as that's all down to the woman.

If men were simply meant to impregnate woman after woman, he'd end up leaving many completely on their own and even more vulnerable due to pregnancy, so they'd need some form of protection.

I would expect that women would be far stronger than men in order to protect themselves during pregnancy, but that's not the case. So, are men meant to help raise their offspring and protect the mother, not just spread their genetics to many women and leave?

I hope you understand, as I'm awful at explaining things.
Update: I don't even know my father.

Many men have stated this here in Gender Studies.
Update 2: You haven't had an account too long, and I assume you're a troll.
I've been around for almost three years, so I've seen it a lot.

Also, I don't know my mother.
Update 3: I'd doubt that. Admitting that I don't know either of my parents disproves your idiotic point. If you've never seen anyone say this here, you've obviously not been here long enough.
Update 4: My father is most likely dead due to being a drug-user and my mother was under-age when I was born, meaning her only option was adoption.

These are old, but I cannot be bothered search through the many questions I've answered.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110718184750AAuyea6
Update 5: Just do a search, you'll find many. It's a common theory brought up here in GS and similar.