Is it illegal to make the sending address the return address to send mail for free?

I read that you can send mail for free if you make the sending address the return address and put no stamps on the package. Is this illegal or is it just a loophole?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • wizjp
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It arrives postage due and you probably have to go to the PO to pick it up.

Upside there?

Assuming it doesn't go dead letter office. Assuming your postman is so stupid he won't notice 12 postage due envelopes a month to only ONE ADDRESS>.....................

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

This used to work back in the late 80's early 90's. The post office got smart to that tactic though.

If you send mail from anywhere near your house, with the address you want it to go to as the return address and your own as the send to address, they're just going to return the mail to you anyway. They'll see there is no postage and see which address is the closest and return it to you. They won't think that it was sent half way across the country with no postage and happily return it.

• 4 years ago

Am ill and tired of listening to scam emails are from Nigeria/Africa, those people don't know so much about programming, the true concern is the people repling the mail handiest to fall victims for that reason of their greed, I recieve phished emails per week from scammers available in the market and now not from africa (if not companies like eBay and Paypal would have being blowing an alarm ) but from right here amongst us, you don't see me complianing considering that am now not stupid, the scamming will stop at some point, and hopefully you are going to see the the real predicament

• 7 years ago

Why don't you try it and see what happens?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.