How to clear up space on a mac?

AH! I NEED HELP!!

I have no space left on my mac os x (version 10.7.5)

I have an external hard drive and that has helped in the past because of I have dumped a bunch of videos on it. But now when the computer shows me the breakdown of space, hundreds of gigabites are assigned to a section called, "Other." What does this mean and how do I clean out this space?

PLEASE do not just say, delete more stuff because I have deleted and gotten rid of most videos and other media files.

What I am looking for is a simple app or process that I can run that will clean up all the unnessesary files of mine. I ran a test version of so many apps already, like cleanmymac and other big ones, but I need to pay for all of them/ my free trial expired.

I need a simple and free process that will help me clear up some space-

URGENTLY NEED HELP

THANKS

Favorite Answer

There is no secret way to make space on any drive. The way is to trash files and empty the trash. There is no app you can download and run that can analyze all your previous download and decide "This is one Olivia hates," "This is one she has no more use for," and "This is one she really wants to keep."

See my "Best Answer" link below.

@Andrew:

Read the question. This is a Mac. You do not need to defrag a Mac formatted drive that is used with Mac OS X.

I would like to suggest you to use Stellar Speed Up Mac to clean all your Mac. You can remove all unwanted data ,system junks, caches etc. These unwanted stuffs consume lots of memory of your Mac and make it slow down.

• Andrew

De-fragment your hard disk. There may be more space that just isn't being used.

Source(s): :)