?
? asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 8 years ago

Why is there a TFR over Disneyland?

"Temporary Flight Restriction"

I was browsing through SkyVector to see what kind of airspace John Wayne Orange County airport (KSNA) was under (I'm a pilot and going to Disneyland this summer!) I noticed there's a TFR with a 3 nautical mile radius over Disneyland. I clicked on it and the NOTAM said it's been in effect since February 17th, 2009 and the end date was until further notice. The reason was for security reasons, but why can't they just put a prohibited area over like Washington DC has near Reagan Airport? Why is February 17th, 2009 significant?

• Favorite Answer

The truth of the matter is that the exec's of DIsney used the terrorists scare as an excuse to get the TFR (nothing "temporary" about it. It is here to stay!) MONEY talks!. They objected to the banner flyers overhead advertising their competitors tourists attractions. Read the text for the TFR, you can indeed overfly Disney, I do it all the time going into Kissimmee, FL

THE RESTRICTIONS DO NOT APPLY TO; THOSE AIRCRAFT AUTHORIZED BY AND IN CONTACT WITH ATC FOR OPERATIONAL OR SAFETY OF FLIGHT PURPOSES, DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, LAW ENFORCEMENT, AND AIR AMBULANCE FLIGHT OPERATIONS. FLIGHTS CONDUCTED FOR OPERATIONAL PURPOSES OF ANY DISNEY EVENT AND VENUE ARE AUTHORIZED

• Erika

Disney Tfr

Source(s): Common sense.