Sleeping is a waste of time?

So for a couple months now, maybe even more, I haven't been getting enough sleep. I know sleep has alot of benefits for you and whatnot but I can't help it, I just hate the thought of having to go to sleep when I could be doing something else. Although when I do sleep, I hate getting up. Anyone else dealing with the same problem? I won't ask for a fix because its voluntary, I could go to sleep if I wanted, but some advice, etc would be great. Thanks :)

Update:

Thanks for the answer. Anyone know the benefits of sleep, I know its good for you, but the specific benefits.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually, there's a chemical in your brain that takes over your brain when you are awake. However this chemical doesn't function while you are awake. The reason that you have such a hard time getting up after sleeping, is because your brain and body were rejuvenating in a sense. Sleeping is not a waste of time or energy, it's basically preparing you to do things with the energy it has provided you with. You might have heard it before, but if you went to bed earlier, than you wouldn't feel as tired in the morning. You could set up a schedule that you fallow, until your mind adjusts to the time changes. At first, you'll be restless, of course, but if you don't give up and stick to it, than you'll be surprised how refreshed you'll feel in the morning, and actually might realize that it helped--which I hope it does by the way.

• 7 years ago

Maybe you should go to bed at around 9 and set your alarm clock (if you have one) to 6. That way, you will get enough sleep and at the same time, you don't waste that much time.

• 7 years ago

Try making a sleep schedule. If your body gets used to when you sleep, you won't have problems when it's time for bed.

• 7 years ago

If you go to bed earlier getting up isn't as bad.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.