Gaining weight out of no where>?

Well I am 27 years old about 5'6 and weight 178 right now however other then a slight belly I am not fat, anyway 2 weeks ago I was about 174 or 175 tops and I decided to diet I would eat pretty good like oatmeal in the morning , subway at lunch and very little home cooked meal around 5-6pm and maybe a protein... show more Well I am 27 years old about 5'6 and weight 178 right now however other then a slight belly I am not fat, anyway 2 weeks ago I was about 174 or 175 tops and I decided to diet I would eat pretty good like oatmeal in the morning , subway at lunch and very little home cooked meal around 5-6pm and maybe a protein shake after I workout around 8pm .. yes given I might have cheated on my diet a couple times out of the 2 weeks, Also I have just bought a house in which we are doing construction on so I haven't been able to work out after work but instead help out a little on the house after work ... Yesterday I got on the scale and I am 178lbs ? can anybody explain what is happening?

Points to most help! Thank you
1 answer 1