Scope selection for Savage 110 ba lapua .338. Leupold vs nightforce? HELP!?

Scope selection for Savage 110 ba lapua .338. Leupold vs nightforce? HELP! Starting competition 2 year class from scoping, shooting, and reloading and need a setup to get started. Got the savage already and the reloader, brass, bullets, primers, Everything but the scope. Gonna be shooting 800 to 2000 yards. I... show more Scope selection for Savage 110 ba lapua .338. Leupold vs nightforce? HELP!

Starting competition 2 year class from scoping, shooting, and reloading and need a setup to get started. Got the savage already and the reloader, brass, bullets, primers, Everything but the scope. Gonna be shooting 800 to 2000 yards. I was looking at the leupold mark 4 er/t (Leupold 110083 MK4*ERT M5 8.5-25X50FF Mil Dot) or nighforce nxs 5.5x22x50 mildot. I know you gonna say nightforce. I agree BUT:

The nightforce is second focal plane which I am a beginner. Don't know how difficult the second focal place is, but also considered the nightforce atacr if I am going sfp.

The nightforce beast is ffp, but its also $3200, so which made me think back to the leupold mark 4. Its ffp. I JUST WANT A GOOD SCOPE THAT WILL KEEP ZERO AND IS CLEAR. Dont want to run into problems and don't want to end up having to buy another scope. Will a leupold be reliable?

Also, mil dot / mil rad. / MOA. What is the easiest reticle to use? The nxs NIGHTFORCE NXS 5.5-22x50 Mil-Dot C196 - Mil-Dot Reticle - High Speed .1 MRAD Turrets - OPEN BOX

The mrad refers to the turret right. 10 clicks for 1 mil dot?
Also I don't want to run into any problems for elevation such as having to shim the rail...Would the burris signature (Burris 30mm Xtreme Tactical Picatinny-Style Rings Matte Medium Package of 2 ) be the lowest rings I can use with either of these scopes.

I am torn between these scope options. Any help would be useful.