Know of any good books?

I'm almost done with my first year of college, and I need a couple good books to read for the summer. I like Nicholas sparks kinds of books and the pretty little liars series was pretty good too. But I want to find some other good books. Any help?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

My Blog: Best Books (according to me and many)

#1o: His Dark Materials series by Phillip Pullman: Young Lyra Belacqua tries to prevent kidnapped children from becoming the subject of gruesome experiments; helps Will Parry — a boy from another world — search for his father; and finds that she and Will are caught in a battle between the angelic forces of the Authority and those gathered by her rebel uncle, Lord Asriel.

#9: The Book Thief by Marcus Zusac: Trying to make sense of the horrors of World War II, Death relates the story of Liesel — a young German girl whose book-stealing and storytelling talents help sustain her family and the Jewish man they are hiding, as well as their neighbors.

#8: The Giver by Louis Lowry: In the future, society has eliminated discord, converting everyone to "Sameness." In three linked stories, Jonas, destined to hold memories of the time before Sameness; Kira, an orphan with a twisted leg; and healer Matty must discover the truth about their society and restore emotion, meaning and balance to their world.

#7: The Hobbit by J. R. R Tolkien: Bilbo Baggins, a respectable, well-to-do hobbit, lives comfortably in his hobbit hole until the day the wandering wizard Gandalf chooses him to take part in an adventure from which he may never return.

#6: A Catcher in the Rye by J D. Sallinger: With the author's death, the classic novel about young Holden Caulfield's disillusionment with the adult world and its "phoniness" will only rise in popularity — and controversy, since it is a favorite target of censors, who often cite profanity and sexual references in their efforts to ban the book.

#5: A Hitchtaker’s guide to Galaxy- A trilogy in Four Parts by Douglas Adams: In this collection of novels, Arthur Dent is introduced to the galaxy at large when he is rescued by an alien friend seconds before Earth's destruction, and embarks on a series of amazing adventures, from the mattress swamps of Sqornshellous Zeta to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

#4: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few more years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at the Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten

#3: To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee: This Pulitzer Prize-winning novel from author Harper Lee explores racial tensions in the fictional "tired old town" of Maycomb, Ala., through the eyes of 6-year-old Scout Finch. As her lawyer father, Atticus, defends a black man accused of rape, Scout and her friends learn about the unjust treatment of African-Americans — and their mysterious neighbor, Boo Radley.

#2: The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins: In the ruins of a future North America, a young girl is picked to leave her impoverished district and travel to the decadent Capitol for a battle to the death in the savage Hunger Games. But for Katniss Everdeen, winning the Games only puts her deeper in danger as the strict social order of Panem begins to unravel.

#1: Harry Potter Series series by J K Rowling: The adventures of Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived, and his wand-wielding friends at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry, Ron and Hermione must master their craft and battle the machinations of the evil wizard Voldemort and his Death Eaters. The best teen book series written of all time

Cheers!

Vaishnav

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Expecting Adam

Tree Shepherd's Daughter (trilogy)

Hidden Camera

West with the Night

The Great Divorce

Paper Towns

SuperFreakonomics

• 7 years ago

I love Pretty Little Liars! Here are some other series I like:

Private by Kate Brian

Privilege by Kate Brian

Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

The Lying Game by Sara Shepard

I'd also recommend anything by Stephen King, my favorites are The Stand and IT.

• 7 years ago

Well here's 2 suggestions... If you're into book series try the Fallen series by Lauren Kate. It has about 4 books all together and is really good. And if you don't like it or can't find a good book to read, I use this app on my tablet called Wattpad. Its a good app for people who love to read and write stories from undiscovered and published authors.

Source(s): www.wattpad.com
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

If you want to venture a new path, and read a really good feel good book you should check out "Gardens and the Warrior of Heaven." It's by a newer writer, but it is good, You will be really glad you did.

Enjoy! Happy Summer reading!

• 7 years ago

The Secret Keeper - Kate Morton

Withdrawing from a family party to the solitude of her tree house, sixteen-year-old Laurel Nicolson witnesses a shocking murder that throughout a subsequent half century shapes her beliefs, her acting career, and the lives of three strangers from vastly different cultures.

One breath away - Heather Gudenkauf

In the midst of a sudden spring snowstorm, an unknown man with a gun walks into an elementary school classroom. Outside the school, the town of Broken Branch watches and waits. Officer Meg Barrett holds the responsibility for the town's children in her hands. Trapped in her classroom, Evelyn Oliver watches for an opportunity to rescue the children in her care. And thirteen-year-old Augie Baker will risk her own safety to protect her little brother. As tension mounts with each passing minute, the hidden fears and grudges of the small town are revealed as the people of Broken Branch race to uncover the identity of the stranger who holds their children hostage.

You don't want to know - Lisa Jackson

Ava has spent most of the past two years in and out of Seattle mental institutions, shattered by grief and unable to recall the details of Noah's disappearance. Now she's back at the family estate she once intended to restore to its former grandeur. But as Ava's mind comes back into focus, her suspicions grow. Ava can't shake the feeling that her family and her psychologist know more than they're saying.

Gone girl - Gillian Flynn

On the morning of his fifth wedding anniversary, Nick's wife Amy suddenly disappears. The police immediately suspect Nick. Amy's friends reveal that she was afraid of him, that she kept secrets from him. He swears it isn't true. A police examination of his computer shows strange searches. He says they aren't his. And then there are the persistent calls on his cell phone. So what really did happen to Nick's beautiful wife?

Secret smile - Nicci French

Miranda becomes involved with a handsome man who brings much happiness into her life. Slowly things turn nasty leaving Miranda with her head spinning. Even her family thinks she's acting childish and melodramatic when she explains the problems surmounting in her life. Angry at her family's ignorance, Miranda's troubles change when she meets someone who is angrier than she is. That chance encounter takes Miranda on a psychological roller coaster ride.

Touch & go - Lisa Gardner

When Justin and Libby Denbe, along with their beautiful 15-year-old daughter, disappear, investigator Tessa Leone must race against time to expose the Denbes' darkest secrets to discover who would want to kidnap such a perfect little family and just how far they are willing to go.

• 7 years ago

the lying game (AMAZING) same author as pretty little liars

gossip girl (its good but sometimes in the book the characters are really up them self which is kind of annoying)

city of bones

beautiful creates

starters

vampire diaries

fallen

bloodlines

LA candy

spoiled

vampire academy (sound gay but its really good)

• 7 years ago

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6936382-anna-an...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.