Car not accelerating properly?

I drive a 2003 Ford Escape, with automatic transmission and the mileage is at 159722. I just recently had the brakes changed, and a cylinder replaced because the it was not firing and would not go above 55-60 mph. All was well until tonight. As I was driving home my car was struggling to accelerate. It would... show more I drive a 2003 Ford Escape, with automatic transmission and the mileage is at 159722. I just recently had the brakes changed, and a cylinder replaced because the it was not firing and would not go above 55-60 mph. All was well until tonight.

As I was driving home my car was struggling to accelerate. It would try from a dead stop, the rpms would go to about 3000-3500 and I would still only be going 5 mph at best. I would guess that it does this for first gear, then again for second and third because continuing to try to reach higher speeds is a struggle until about 40-45 mph. Usually at higher speeds(50-70mph) it is fine unless I try to accelerate and it will jump a bit.

It was at the higher speeds I noticed a couple other things. My brake light is vaguely lit and so I checked the fluid, filled to the brim. Then my O/D OFF light came on. While this did help driving at the higher speeds it remained on even after when I was going 30-40 mph.

So naturally, I went to the internet to try to find answers on my own. After a few Google searches I have a few theories. It could be a fuel filter, a fuel sensor, transmission fluid, or some other kind of fuel/engine/transmission related problem.