Kels asked in PetsDogs · 7 years ago

Dog threw up 1 week after car window closed on his neck?

About a week ago my dog closed the car window on his neck. As soon as I heard him whimper I saw him and rolled the window down. I don't think it could have been more than 10 seconds. He ate water and good right after and has seemed normal since. He is playing and eating normally. Although, tonight around 11pm he threw up yellow foam.

When I researched it said that is usually caused by an empty or too full stomach. Do you think this is related to the window incidence or is completely unrelated and something else?

Favorite Answer

The foamy stuff is fairly normal.

If you dog had a car window rolled onto its neck I doubt it would have caused any serious injury because the pressure and force that a car window uses is not that strong. Now days you can close a window on your own fingers and have it not do any damage almost, this is how they are designed now days so that kids don't hurt themselves.

Also if the dog did have some sort of wound or ailment it would have happened immediately. Think about getting punched in the face, its not exactly like its something that waits for a week and then kicks in.

My dog will usually throw up the white foamy stuff if he is hungry and or has been eating grass.

Monitor him, if he gets worse, see a vet.

• It's most likely completely unrelated. Keep in mind, it's perfectly okay for a dog to throw up once in awhile. Just keep an eye on him, make sure he doesn't get lethargic, stop eating, or start having diarrhea. He should be fine! Keep an eye on him though :)

Add: Most vehicles have a window lock for child safety purposes. If your car has one, lock it! That way the driver side window controls are the only ones that will work and your dog can't step on the buttons~ :)

Its probably completely unrelated.

Its very normal for dogs to have foamy vomit.

Although if keep an eye on him and if he does act out of the ordinary take him to your vet straight away.

It's completely unrelated. My dog does that all the time, and has never as the window rolled on her neck.

Take him to the vet to be safe