~~~~N~~~~ asked in HealthDental · 7 years ago

Is there a way to straighten your teeth at home?

I have a tooth that is sticking out a bit which is bugging me a lot.

I tend not to smile because I am embarrassed of this problem.

So, is there a way I can straighten this tooth out?

I cannot get braces because my dentist said that I have small roots, an getting braces would cause my teeth to fall off sooner.

So, any ideas?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Ellie
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The idea of braces is to apply GENTLE force to the teeth to move it around. Teeth move around in the gum quite a bit, but can only do it very very slowly... too fast and it will damage the tooth and it may fall out!

So one 'trick' is to just use your finger and apply GENTLE force on your tooth everyday in the desired direction. Do it whilst watching tv. Studying. Reading. Whatever. Just make it one of those 'habits'... You can also use your tongue!

Few things to note

- It won't ever look perfect but it will improve the appearance! And imperfection adds quirkiness anyway.

- This will take a LONG. ***. TIME. I'm talking about 6 months before seeing improvement.

- Please dont PUSH the tooth too hard. Use your tongue to push the tooth and this should be the right sort of pressure.

I had a vampire tooth on the right which stuck out. I used my tongue and pushed/sucked on it as a habit every day (unless people watched me) and it went down ALOT. Took time though.

• Kitty4 years agoReport

Nice idea.I have front 2 teeth stuck out.I can't hide them.if daily 2 or 3 hours I force them how much time they will take to be straight.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is there a way to straighten your teeth at home?

I have a tooth that is sticking out a bit which is bugging me a lot.

I tend not to smile because I am embarrassed of this problem.

So, is there a way I can straighten this tooth out?

I cannot get braces because my dentist said that I have small roots, an getting braces would cause my teeth to...

Source(s): straighten teeth home: https://tr.im/hzy9x
  • 5 years ago

a natural ways can make your teeth straighten at home

1. push your teeth gently with your tongue or with fingers, regularly

2. wake up between 4 and 5 morning. take a ripe jack fruit leaf and heat the tip of leaf slowly and press it on your teeth many times.for best results do it 2-3 times. it will take 7 to 8 months its my experience

try it

• 5 years ago

I am sure your teeth look fine. I got braces as an adult. I wish I had been told I was not a candidate for them. I had so many problems because I got the braces when I had mercury fillings in my mouth. I developed food allergies and eventually started losing bone because I couldn't eat dairy products. A periodontist told me that I needed gum surgery which turned out to be the worst thing I could have ever done. He took off half my gums and my teeth are more crooked than ever now. Be happy with what you have, I am sure your teeth look fine. Try to eat celery and carrots and do natural things for your teeth. I would not get a second opinion.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

you could try a plate or retainer. These shouldnt affect your roots too much either!!!

If i were you, I would seek a second opinon, maybe from an otherdontist or someone qualified in the braces department. Apart from that there is not much else you can do - sorry!!!

Hope i helped xox

Jenna <3

• 4 years ago

If you want to discover landscaping from pros then this is your spot https://tr.im/euUWJ , Ideas 4 Landscaping , an basic , productive and consumer-pleasant on-line gallery for landscaping inspiration to style your dream landscape. Inside this substantial database , you'll find 1000s of landscaping images part in 60 classes.

With Ideas 4 Landscaping you will learn how to make: backyards , front yards , gardens , patios , decks , walkways , lawns and numerous more...

This enormous collection of images , concepts , and straightforward stage-by-step particulars is created to aid house owners make some progress with their program to liven up their residence with the best landscaping.

• 7 years ago

I don't think there are any home options, I know your dentist said you can't get them but the best way is to go to a dentist. Maybe you could get a second opinion?

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I was using a soft bite guard to help with my breathing and it moved my teeth inward (didn't want it to lol). You can try that.

• 7 years ago

Not that I know of. Ask your orthodontist, maybe Invisalign

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.