How do I get motivated to eat healthy and exercise?

I really want to lose weight, I am aware that'll require a healthy diet regime and regular exercise however I'm not really making an effort into making it happen. I keep telling myself I'd eat healthy 'tomorrow' and exercise 'tomorrow' but at this rate nothing will happen. I know MYSELF,... show more I really want to lose weight, I am aware that'll require a healthy diet regime and regular exercise however I'm not really making an effort into making it happen. I keep telling myself I'd eat healthy 'tomorrow' and exercise 'tomorrow' but at this rate nothing will happen. I know MYSELF, I am my own motivator and the only person who can make me do this is myself however I need tips to actually getting started and not giving up. (note I have dieted and exercised many times which only lasted as fads for about a month--I was really strict on myself and just cracked and binged) I really want this time to be more successful.

-What type of foods should I avoid and which should I eat more of (specifically please).
-What kind of exercises really burn fat and are effective in losing weight (running, swimming?) and how long should I do it daily?
-Generally what is crucial when it comes to losing weight?

Rephrasing it I should say, I want to change my lifestyle in terms of eating habits and exercise completely. I want this to work for the long term.

Anyone who has successfully lost weight, please share and provide some advice/tips. Also if you have been successful share on average how much weight you lost a month?

A person who fully gives the most thorough and detailed answer answering all my questions will be given 10 points! (would be really nice if you share your success stories too)