improve my pokemon team?

Pokemon black team improvement?

its for the battle subway in super single mode.

Politoed2 @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Drizzle

IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/31

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)

- surf

- Ice Beam

- Hidden Power Grass

- Scald

Gorebyss @ Leftovers

Ability: Swift Swim

IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

EVs: 252 HP / 24 SpA / 232 Spe

Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)

- Amnesia

- Iron Defense

- Surf

- Baton Pass

Dragonite @ Lum Berry

Ability: Multiscale

IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)

- Roost

- Earthquake

- Ice punch

- Outrage

i want to get that 49 in the super single train and then go for super double. politoed can sweep sometimes but usually doesnt get the baton pass. gorebyss can hold her own if not can baton pass but sometimes gets crit and can be tranquilized by status problems. dragonite is a bit slow but sturdy and both gorebyss and politoed wall most ice types

thunder punch would also be great for dragonite against bulky water types like walrein that can use stock pile but ice punch is better for those tough grass types. fly was also recommended to me by someone. but super strong electric types could be killer and often are. if dragonite is killed by an electric Pokemon then my team is left vulnerable to their attacks. also i only got a 39 once and a 32 with this team but usually get lower. tips and improvements would be appreciated

Favorite Answer

It doesn't look like a horrible Subway Rain team really though I will make a few recommendations.

First things first. Since you are running a ScarfToad and alreayd have Surf why not replace Scald with Hydro Pump? The extra damage can come in handy and net you a few more one and 2HKO's than Surf alone could. The rest of your set looks fine to me.

Since you are running a Rain team why not use Swift Swim Kingdra over Gorebyss and Dragonite? You aren't running Shell Smash on Gorebyss anyway and using Kingdra would replace your need for the last two members of your team letting you add something else to help cover their weaknesses. Not only that but Kingdra is a great Pokemon in general since it only have 1 weakness and is able to dish out a ton of damage. This is the set I would recommend:

Kingdra @ Chesto Berry/Lum Berry

Ability: Swift Swim

IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)

-Dragon Pulse

-Hydro Pump/Surf

-Rest

-Ice Beam

Draco Meteor could be used if you want but you can't spam it like you can the other moves. ChestoRest gets it back up to full HP while curing any status effects as well. Another possible choice is running Choice Specs with Hydro Pump, Surf, Dragon Pulse, and Ice Beam...of course once again Draco Meteor can be added in for that extra power as well as only bringing your Special Attack to -1 rather than -2 thanks to the Choice Specs equipped.

If you would still like to use Gorebyss then why not try a set like this:

Gorebyss @ White Herb

Ability: Hydration

IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

EVs: 252 HP / 232 Spe / 24 SpA

Timid nature (+Spe, - Atk)

-Shell Smash

-Amnesia

-Iron Defense

-Surf

Yes you can't pass your boosts anymore but really it shouldn't matter. White Herb removes the defense drops that Shell Smash gives while keeping the +2 Att, SpA, and Spe boosts. On top of that Hydration lets you remain status free as long as the rain is up. Rest can be used to keep healing as well if you want to just use a Shell Smash variant with Substitute (which would help against Critical hits) rather than the def boosting attacks and Surf gets a nice boost from the rain.

If you decided to not use Kingdra then a change to your Dragonite set I would recommend is Aqua Tail instead of Ice Punch. Really Ice Punch isn't doing much for your coverage outside of hitting Gliscor and Landorus. If you ran Aqua Tail then you would still be able to deal massive damage (probably OHKO both) to both as well as getting the nice boost from the Rain.

Now that I look at it you might just want to run Dragonite and Kingdra together? Both can deal some serious damage to your opponent and odds are they won't have something to counter both of them on the same team.

Hope I was able to help some and if you need any more help just let me know.

Also, for any future questions/team advice you should come and post on our Pokemon forum ( www.pokesun.com ) where everyone is more focused on solely Pokemon and will be able to provide more answers as well :)

Yeah, train, battle those multiple dudes, train until you die of boredness and the fight. That's what I do. Go into the white treehollow aswell!

Sorry not very helpful but I hope it helps!

...get a life.