How to get to the University of Michigan?

I'm ending my sophomore year with a GPA 4.17, play football and wrestling, participate in CSF( California scholastic federation), I will have AP Language and AP US history, planning to take both SAT and ACT. I want to go to the college of Engineering (do I have to follow the entry courses requirements?) and Army ROTC. What more do I have to do to get accepted to Michigan?

Favorite Answer

Go on Cappex.com and type in your stats and it will give you an estimate on where you stand based on your GPA and SAT/ACT.

I would say you are well off though. Keep in mind, Engineering is a hard subject- make sure you take calculus first before you commit. I was set on becoming an engineer before junior year but then I took calculus and was like- NO. Now I want to go into education- but that is a whole other story.

If you apply to an engineering program your first year, they will scrutinize you a little bit more so do not plan on applying unless you are 100% sure. If you are anything less than 75% sure, apply for the general college because a lot of people change their majors in college. Who knows, maybe in the general school you will find you LOVE engineering and then it will be easier for you to get into the engineering school (but that is called back dooring and does not always work.)

So yeah, take calculus first before you make any jumps to engineering.

Cuz' math will kill you if you don't have it in you. If your school does not offer calculus, try talking to your counselor or math teacher on tips and ideas on where you would stand there.

• Erika

its the college of Michigan, lol, and you gets spectacular information on the two campus via traveling their respective web content. and easily so which you recognize, they hate one yet another :):) particularly come soccer time. bypass BLUE!!!!