Rock and Pop- what songs make you think that the band genuinely loves making music?

I don't know about you, but sometimes when I listen to a song, I feel like the band behind it really shows that they just love to make music, no matter what the audience may think. The song may not be technically difficult or the lyrics may not contain deep and powerful meaning, and the song may not be their top-selling single even, but sometimes a song can display the passion players have rather well (at least, more so than other songs). So, what songs make you think that the band behind 'em loves to make music simply for music itself?

BQ- Milk or dark chocolate?

I love both, I could use something sweet x]

BQ2- Nothing goes together like __________ and ___________?

Thanks everyone!

Best Answer

I will wrap it all up with on band and that would be Creedence Clearwater Revival, they had six top hit albums in under three years, and every song on every album, sounds like the bands love's the music and enjoys playing it. One of the few groups who's albums you can play through and through and always be happy.

BQ: both

BQ2: Nothing goes together like wine and a beautiful woman.

take care

dave

Band On The Run by Paul McCartney and Wings.

That song (and its album!) stand out to me like that because it is so lighthearted and cheerful, yet crafted so carefully and beautifully that it fools you into thinking that it was hastily thrown together. Something about the balance between the fun vibe and the intricateness of the song lets me know that Paul and the band really did love making music.

BQ: White chocolate! But milk over dark.

BQ2: Nothing goes together like peanut butter and chocolate (Keeping with the theme here) XD

A lot of the Beatles stuff. And Family Force 5 as well. Anything that's upbeat and sounds like the band is just having fun seems like that to me, and these are just two of the bands that seem to do that more often than not.

BQ: Dark Chocolate.

BQ2: French fries and a chocolate milkshake.

There's this band named Therion that I really like, all of their albums are really experimental and are treated like art projects, and they do crazy shows with a lot of audience interaction. Their last record is an album of covers from older French artists, I remember listening to a lot of those songs when I was little.

BQ: Milk chocolate. I would eat nothing but Hershey's products if I could <3

BQ2: Nothing goes together like handcuffs and a naked man XD

Songs by Rush. They've been making music together for so long and still tour. I think these guys love making music together and it shows.

BQ: Both.

BQ2: Chocolate and Peanut Butter.

• Red

Jumping Fences - Olivia Tremor Control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUjd6DHAutU

Youtube thumbnail

The Flaming Lips always seem like they love making music too

BQ: Milk chocolate. I like white chocolate more than both

BQ2: Me and Courtney

• Pie

I kinda get that feeling when listening to AC/DC, Angus Young sounds like he's having a lot of fun playing his guitar

BQ: Milk

BQ2: Bacon and my stomach

Funk 48 - the James Gang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkZepbHIrvE

Youtube thumbnail

dark

Beer and Bratwurst

Everything by Blut Aus Nord. Their songs are so avant-garde and intricately layered, it's clear how much they loved writing them.

BQ: Dark chocolate, so delicious, and it goes great with milk! Though you're more of a light chocolate ;)

BQ2: Nothing goes together like "Kurama and Anjellex" and "a room full of anime and ice cream." :D