What should I do for College?

I know where I want to go and what I want to major in, I just don't know how I should plan this out. I want to major in animation and go to either Calarts or USC. the only thing is that I live in Ohio. Can I complete my basic studies in Columbus and then go to California. And from there, what do i do?

• Ray
    Favorite Answer

Hmm, animation... Go here:

www.bls.gov/ooh

This is the Occupational Outlook Handbook, and it is a wonderful resource - learn to use it and help you, it can! (Yoda speak).

Anyway, the best bang for your educational dollar is to complete the AA degree locally and slide into the state university where you live - it's cheaper.

The main stream educational realm for animation is going to live in the world of Communications.

If you want to get into film or creative arts types of career work, and you have serious skill for pumping out excellent work product under tight time restrictions... California might be your best bet, but you are going to have to find a way to pay for it.

If you think you can make the trip to California pay off for you, research the schools, programs, costs and opportunities - like a SWOT report (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) and make an informed decision on how to go.

I would never want to cut someones dreams, but if you have any doubt, go local through communications and seek to find work with animation in mind - continue to develop your skills and find a way to get in the door.

You have much work to do...

Best wishes for much success, always!

Source(s): AA - Psychology, BS - Information Studies, MA - Professional Development, currently studying law. http://rayhayden.us/ete/jd.php