How much does a wooden fence installation cost?

Hi, i'm only 15 but I was wondering how much an average wooden fence installation would cost? We currently have wooden fences installed already but my mom plans on renewing it since most of the fence is falling apart. I think we've had it for over 14 years now. This home improvement guy came in the other... show more Hi, i'm only 15 but I was wondering how much an average wooden fence installation would cost? We currently have wooden fences installed already but my mom plans on renewing it since most of the fence is falling apart. I think we've had it for over 14 years now. This home improvement guy came in the other day to check out our backyard and said that they would need to resurface the ground or something. I don't really know anything about building fences and stuff but he estimated it would cost around $3,000. This sounds a little too overpriced to me. Especially for just a wooden fence. I was telling my mom that me and my friend could do it if she takes us to a water park this summer. lol. But what do you guys think? I'm just a little skeptic because last time my mom got cheated on our last home improvement with our bathroom. The guy only put in a new shower/bath and sink. He kind of took advantage of my mom's education. Since she's from Korea, she couldn't really communicate well and it ended up costing $5,000. I just don't want this kind of thing happening again with my mom.
1 answer 1