Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 7 years ago

What do you think of the name Anna-Jo Mckayla?

Yes, no? I have a son named Jude Matthew, and we are expecting twin girls, the other twin either being Payson Grace or Emilia Layne. We love the name Joanna Mckayla, Mckayla in honor of my friend. The only thing we dont like is Joanna and Jude having the same initials. We dont want them to deal with that. So, What do you think of Anna-Jo Mckayla? How do you feel about the nickname AJ for it? Yay or Nay?

Again I am going to say, Mckayla is after a friend. Her name was spelled Mckayla. It is how it was at birth and she never had a problem with it. It will stay the spelling Mckayla.

Favorite Answer

Anna-Jo is nice. I don't know why on earth when people on this website see a hyphen or a double middle name they start screaming "TRASHY! GHETTO! TRAILER PARK! STRIPPER NAME!, etc." It's a little bit ridiculous as there are plenty of people with such names that are perfectly respectable people, and a name does not dictate personality, residence, or occupation. (Unless like Fifi the Kitten Lenore tried to run for president or something; that would be ridiculous. But that's the extreme.) So I say it's a lovely name, use it. So what if Mc- is masculine, I mean for Pete's sakes, the masculine/feminine is so ridiculous. If I met a girl named Robert, fine by me. If I met a boy named Lillian, fine by me. All this gender division with children in every little thing is so archaic.

Please go with Emilia Grace or Emilia Layne - Payson is made-up, masculine nonsense. I don't really like hyphenated names. What about Anna Josephine as a first/middle combination? Anna Josephine and Emilia Grace would be gorgeous together. McKayla is nonsense. It doesn't make sense in the slightest. Mc- is a prefix meaning 'son of', so you've effectively turned the gorgeous Michaela into a masculine name. Anna Michaela would be alright.

- Ella :)

*You can honour your friend and give your child a decent name at the same time by going with Michaela.

Emilia layne and Anna Jo mcakayla is a bit long for a name

The flow of it sounds like your listing off siblings, like Anna, Jo, McKayla, etc etc.

What about McKayla Anne or something similar?

• xoxo

I love your sons name. Anna-Jo seems really trashy compared, hyphenated names just scream trailer park to me. I'd name her Anna Josephine and then cal lher Aj, Aj is cute.

No. Too much. Honestly don't like payson either. Ugly and harsh sounding.

Anna-Jo, Bobby-Sue, Billie-Jean, .... These are trailer-park names.

Payson sounds like "Pay, son!" (like a hoe demanding her money after she turns a trick)

• Lexi

I hate double barrel names. So no, I don't like it.

Honestly doesn't flow very well