Selecting every instance of "x" in HTML/CSS?

Does anyone know how to select every instance of "x"; 'x' being an element within your CSS/HTML? Say I have a div with a class of navbar and I want to highlight every <li> within the navbar so that I can add an 'id' to each list (most helpful when you have to select multiples of an... show more Does anyone know how to select every instance of "x"; 'x' being an element within your CSS/HTML? Say I have a div with a class of navbar and I want to highlight every <li> within the navbar so that I can add an 'id' to each list (most helpful when you have to select multiples of an element upwards of 10-15. I can only select and change one at a time right now but I know there's got to be a way to select more. As well, I've seen some editors use vertical lines between opening and closing tags so that you can visually see where each tag sits in relation with each other but I can find the option or extension either to get this to work. I am using DreamWeaver CS6 if that matters. Any help would ease the growth of many more grey hairs today and thanks!
Update: I'm not necessarily looking for a way to target it in CSS, but how to select it in the HTML sheet. Say I want to turn all of those <li> in the 'navbar' to <li class="name"> but don't want to select and edit every <li> bit by bit but rather all at once, especially when... show more I'm not necessarily looking for a way to target it in CSS, but how to select it in the HTML sheet. Say I want to turn all of those <li> in the 'navbar' to <li class="name"> but don't want to select and edit every <li> bit by bit but rather all at once, especially when there may be 15 <li> within the <ul>.
2 answers 2