Why would an 18 year old man sleep with a teddy bear every night?

He's straight by the way

Best Answer

Why not. I'm 21 and I have at least two on my bed at any given time. He must just like cuddling. I don't like sleeping without something tucked under my arm now such as a lump of clothing or duvet or my teddies. I have just got used to sleeping that way and am in the habit of it. So probably familiarity.

Just out of interest, are you the person the question is written about?

Although I don't sleep with a teddy bear, I sleep with a cushion at night which I cuddlemainly because I like the feeling of cuddling something, it gives me comfort. I am also male and am straight.

Because he likes it? It holds sentimental value to him?

I'm a 21 year old girl and I have a teddy bear - sometimes you just need something to hug because no-one else is there to help.

My boyfriend is 19 and he has different stuffed animals that he occasionally sleeps with.

Honestly, it could be any of the reasons listed before. Or it could be insecurity. Hugs are therapeutic and if you don't have anyone who will give you a hug, well, teddy is always there.

Is this 18 year old guy you? By any chance lol well maybe he still loves his teddy bear he's used to sleeping with and he's been with him nearly all his life I presume and now he just can't give him up

Why do not you ask him? there's a lot of plausible motives. i'm a 19 3 hundred and sixty 5 days previous lady and nevertheless sleep with my in demand filled animal. I do it for actual convenience. I similar to having it when I sleep. it really is only somewhat of fabric that he likes having in mattress at the same time as he sleeps. there is not something incorrect with that.

Quite honestly who cares? Does it really have any negative effect on him, you or anyone else? Why would it have anything to do with sexuality anyway?

Stop being so freaking judgmental. Who cares, he does it because he wants to simple as that and that's fine.

Source(s): Common sense

thats really creepy but maybe in his childhood he needed one to feel protected and its a habit. i would stop though because ur girlfriend prob doesn't want to see you sleeping with a teddy bear lol

Maybe he's a bit insecure and needs some comfort at night.

For protection.

Because he's still a boy.