I suffered a medial ankle sprain and it keeps getting re injured.?

When I was a bit younger there would be quite a few scenarios where my ankle would pivot outward while I was walking. It would do so in such a way that the bottom of my left foot would be completely facing my right foot. These would happen randomly and abruptly and would not leave me with any long term pain at all.... show more When I was a bit younger there would be quite a few scenarios where my ankle would pivot outward while I was walking. It would do so in such a way that the bottom of my left foot would be completely facing my right foot. These would happen randomly and abruptly and would not leave me with any long term pain at all.

Then around the time I started high school I noticed that my right leg seemed stronger than my left and I was right. I could stand on the right with no problem but when standing on the left leg, I would quickly lose balance. This never used to happen when I was younger.

So yeah, I sprained my right leg and it's back to normal but when I sprained the left, it took a bit longer to recover and it is very prone to re injury. In this month alone I've had that medial sprain occur about 3 times. And maybe 5 or 6 times in total.

Around the second time I sprained the left I tried some ankle exercises to strengthen it and they seemed to have worked since the pain was pretty much gone but now it hurts too much to do them. Also, I've taken multiple X-Rays and an MRI which I will go for the results of in about two weeks.

It should also be known that I play basketball about 3+ times a week, I often grab the rim for fun even though I can't quite dunk the ball yet (point is I jump very high and very often), I'm 5' 9, almost 16 years old and I'm about 159lbs.

Another thing to know is that I have flexible flat feet, Which is when my feet are off the ground I have an arch but when I stand, I go flat footed. That, and I have hyper mobile joints or (double jointed).

My parents want me to stop playing basketball, and trust me I'm not even close to the best I only score like 3/10 shots and it is not at all something I would even consider going pro in because I'm not passionate about it. But it's the fact that I don't want to stop activity. Anything like running or jumping, I just can't help but do.

I'd really appreciate any help and I'd love to go back to performing activities like parkour or just running for more than a minute without an awkward stride and without pain.