Cant figure out what is wrong with my pet rat?

she is very under weight I realize that rats do not show signs of being sick until you need to be aggressive with treatment. but my vet cant figure out what is wrong with her. she acts like a normal rat, she licks my face and cuddles, she eats(slower than normal, and drinks water slower than normal) but is still... show more she is very under weight I realize that rats do not show signs of being sick until you need to be aggressive with treatment. but my vet cant figure out what is wrong with her. she acts like a normal rat, she licks my face and cuddles, she eats(slower than normal, and drinks water slower than normal) but is still under weight. the vet has my rat Suzzie, on antibiotics, and we've been feeding her yogurt. i'm also going to be buying some high carb foods such as avocados, potatos, dark chocolate, and this stuff called 'pedialyte' which is supposed to keep electrolytes up, just for her so she can gain back her weight.
the vet says she doesn't show signs of illness, but still took a stool sample and gave her fluids. I don't have the results back from the stool yet i'll find out as soon as I call them back. the vet wanted to take a blood sample but she feared suzzie didn't have enough blood to take a sample from.
Suzzie is about 4 months old, so this isn't old age. what do you guys think is wrong? any ideas?

also Suzzie isn't having problems breathing, she isn't sneezing, or coughing.. nothing showing illness or pain.
1 answer 1