have the jets totally given up on mark sanchez?

his career kinda reminds me of alex smith's.

Update:

espn says the jets are trying to move up in the 2nd rd to select a qb.

Update 2:

alex smith was considered a bust until jim harbaugh became the head coach. maybe the jets will sign a qb guru (like norv turner) and sanchez will turn his career around.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Mark Sanchez will have to work hard and perform very well in practice to stay on the Jets roster... He must also eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either, jogging or going for a long run every day... If he does these things he will greatly increase his chances of becoming a successful, top notch quarterback for the New York Jets.....

Source(s): Coach C. Tip.....
  • Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

It depends on his work ethic during this offseason. If Mark Sanchez works hard and performs very well in practice every day, he will greatly improve his chances of retaining the starting quarterback position for the New York Jets this upcoming season.

• 7 years ago

How can you compare Smith to Sanchez in anyway?!

Sanchez is terrible and needs to be replaced by Geno. Now. Will they? Have they total given up on Sanchez? No. Sanchez will be playing first string QB this season. Even if they select Geno and I don't know why.

Smith is a great player who got screwed over by his team. He didn't miss a step.

• 7 years ago

Rumor is that the Jets are trying to trade up in the draft to get a QB, so if they get that done they probably have given up on Sanchez. Or at least have very very little confidence in him

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • M
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

What makes you say that now?

It's not like they drafted a QB in the 1st round. Seriously, the timing of your question is strange.

If anything, the fact that they passed up on a QB twice in the 1st round tells me that they still have faith in Sanchez.

edit: It was the Jets' plan all along to take a QB in the 2nd round. If they had taken a QB in the 1st round, then you can make the argument that they've given up on Sanchez. That's not the case, though.

• blind
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

That remains to be seen. If they draft Barkley, Smith or Nassib today, then they pretty much are, although Rex Ryan keeps saying that Sanchez is their QB.

• 7 years ago

The only reason Sanchez is still the starter is because they've already screwed themselves over by paying him way too much guaranteed money for how good (bad) he is. If they could get rid of him, they would have already.

As it is i think they'll try to make themselves feel better by starting him this year, but once they can get rid of him, they will.

• If they end up taking Geno Smith or or Matt Barkley or a qb then I would say they have given up on him.

• No, they would have gotten a QB in the free agency, or picked one with their first pick if they had.

Source(s): They may be hoping that next year a better QB class comes in
  • 7 years ago

No they haven't, but they should. Rex Ryan's a dumbass when it comes to offense.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.