Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that they are the only ones who will be saved?

As Jehovah’s Witnesses we think that we have found the true religion. If we did not think so, we would change our beliefs. Otherwise, why would he or she be involved in it? Like adherents of many religious faiths, Jehovah’s Witnesses hope to be saved. Notice I said we hope to be saved. However, we also believe that it is not our job to judge who will be saved. Ultimately, God is the Judge. He decides.—Isaiah 33:22.

God’s Word reveals that those who would be saved must not only want salvation but also cooperate with the Savior. To illustrate: Suppose that a hiker becomes lost in a wilderness. He desperately wants to find his way out. Will he perish, or will he survive? The outcome depends on the way he responds to help. Out of pride, he may refuse the help of a rescuer, or savior. On the other hand, he could humbly accept help and reach safety.

In a similar way, salvation belongs to those who cooperate with mankind’s Rescuer, Jehovah God. Salvation is a gift from God, yet not all people will attain it. God's Son, Jesus, said: "Not everyone saying to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will."—Matthew 7:21.

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that God saves only those who exercise faith in the ransom sacrifice of Jesus and closely follow Jesus' teachings. (Acts 4:10-12) There are of course other important requirements for salvation that are revealed in God’s Word. The following link shows them: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2008814#h=0:0-9...

We as Jehovah’s Witnesses diligently try to meet the requirements for salvation. And we also work hard to help others to be saved.

A person should make sure that his beliefs can be supported by the Scriptures. If I didn't know I found it, I would look for another religion.

Did you know this about us? And what do you think?

Jehovah God’s provision of the ransom sacrifice—made possible by Jesus’ self-sacrificing love—is indeed his “indescribable free gift,” says 2 Corinthians 9:14, 15. Life—even our relatively brief life in this system of things—is a gift. We cannot purchase it or do anything to deserve it. The only way we can receive the gift of everlasting life is to “put our faith in Christ Jesus” and in Jehovah, “the rewarder of those earnestly seeking him.” (Gal. 2:16; Heb. 11:6) Nevertheless, faith must be demonstrated by actions, since “faith without works is dead.” (Jas. 2:26) These would be works of obedience to the commands of God and Christ, works that demonstrate his faith and love. Without such works, his faith is dead.

• Liz
    Favorite Answer

People from different backgrounds praying

Do You Feel That You Are the Only People Who Will Be Saved?

No. Many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation. The Bible explains that in God’s promised new world, “"there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous."” (Acts 24:15) Additionally, many now living may yet begin to serve God, and they too will gain salvation. In any case, it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved. That assignment rests squarely in Jesus’ hands.—John 5:22, 27.

After learning some of the requirements for salvation, Jesus’ disciples said: “Who possibly can be saved?” Jesus answered: “The things impossible with men are possible with God.” (Luke 18:18-30) Jehovah’s Witnesses diligently try to meet these requirements for salvation. They also work hard to help others to be saved.

Hello, Bandi i'm one among Jehovah's Witness and have been for approximately 10 years now. I was no longer raised as one, and it took two form witnesses to knock at my door for me to seek out what the bible relatively says. To the sector, within the important, yes we're bizarre, however that's for the reason that we don't flow as most religions do. The bible is actually our/my consultant to learn how to are living exciting my Creator. A further witness I see, has already set out what we think so I shall not waste your time repeating it, but I do urge you to ask a witness or look into our religion within the correct manner, for there are many who provides you with false suggestions! Of direction, that is the predominant intent we knock on the door, in the hope that one will wish to discuss with a kingdom corridor, however that's not how we do it! It has to come back from you; so for those who said yes to a gain knowledge of, there is definitely no responsibility so that you can become a member of our faith. I have two reports on the second, however will wait except they tell me that they wish to discuss with our hall. By the way, probably the most exceptional matters I learnt was that our Creator has a personal name - Jehovah, hense the motive why we're known as: Jehovah's Witnesses due to the fact that we do give a witness about him. Thank you very a lot for being so high-quality in your asking.

• .

The bible is clear when it says that Jesus is Lord and Savior, that there is no other name that has been given among men by which there is salvation. That Jesus is the name above all others. Every knee will bend to Jesus.

It is Jesus who says we will be witnesses of Him. Acts 1:8 " But you shall receive power after The Holy Ghost is come upon you, and you shall be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth"- Jesus

No man can say that Jesus is Lord but by The Holy Spirit- 1 Cor.12:3

Lord you are God which has made heaven and earth- Acts 4:24

He was in the world and the world was made by him- John 1:9-11

For by him were all things created...all things were created by him and for him- Colossians 1:16

have we not one Father, has not one God created us?- Malachi 2:10

I and the Father are one- John 10:30

He has made the earth by his power- Jeremiah. 51:15

Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God- 1 Cor. 1:24

The only wise God our Savior- Jude 25

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ- Titus 2:13

But now is made manifest by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ who has abolished death and has brought life and immortality to light through gospel- 1 Timothy 1:10

..Mighty God, Eternal Father- Isaiah 9:6

There is one Body and one Spirit..One Lord one faith, one God and Father of all who is above all...

Eph. 4:4-6

And every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord- Philippians 2:11

You call me master and Lord, you say well for so I am- John 13:13

I am the Lord and beside me there is no Savior- Isaiah 43:11

Neither is there salvation in any other for there is no other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved- Acts 4:12

The Jews answered him, For a good work we stone you not, but for blasphemy and because that you, being a man, make yourself God- John 10:33

...He that has seen me has seen the Father, how is it you say show us the Father? Believe me I am in the Father- John 14:7-11

Behold the Lord God shall come with a strong hand and his arm shall rule for him- Isaiah 40:10

Has not my hand made all these things- Acts 7:50

..God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in glory- 1 Tim. 3:16

..And worship him that has made heaven and earth...Rev 14:7 <--- Jesus

All things were made by him- John 1:13

God himself that formed the earth and made it- Isaiah 45:18

There is no God besid me a just God and a Savior, thetre is none beside me- Isaiah 45;21

I and my father are one - John 10:30 ( for this the Jews picked up stones to kill him john 10:31)

They did not believe as jehovahs witnesses also do not believe.

Only Jesus can open the eyes of the blind. He knows his sheep, they hear his voice and can not follow the voice of strangers.

Seek truth and you will find it. It is Gods Holy Spirit that teaches, not a pope or an organization.

Source(s): **PS the word jehovah did not appear until the 12th century inserted into translations by a Spanish monk. No one of biblical times ever spoke that word.No one called upon it. It will not bring salvation. It is a((guess))) of how YHWH could sound. a false name. one never given in which there is Salvation.

1...bad example..................a man who becomes lost in the wilderness accepts any help that comes along..therefor...the help could be anyone. Hid desperation to be saved...causes him to take what comes....their is no choosing in being rescued...that's a foolish example

2..............your example is very poor in this particular question.....man doesn't cooperate..he obeys.

3...salvation is earned...not a gift..

================================================================

sorry you haven't found it yet

take into consideration these concepts.

1...rev 13.....and here is the patience of the saints....it doesn't say..here is the patience of the jehovahs witnesses.....or here is the patience of the lutherins.....or here is the patience of the catholics.....it specifically states...here is the pateicne of the saints..

so Gods people will be called SAINTS

2..................rev 37....and thou shalt take the stick of juda( bible) and join it with the stick of joseph..(?) whats the stick of joseph....its not the old testament....its another book....so what is it?

and then it goes on to say........" and they shall be one in thine hand. A stick is a book. so 2 books are to be joined in the latter days as scripture with the people of God....

3..................." and he revealeth nothing save it will be to his prophets......JW's have no prophets.

4..................the jews had......who were the people of God....living prophets..temples...the sealing power....the Abrahamic covenant....the royal priesthood being ordained by the laying on of hands.....

the law of consecration...the law of tithing......an extention of the ark of the covnenat.

JW's have none of it.

If God is the same yesterday and tomorrow.....then what the jews had...must be restored ...as it states in rev..." and I saw an angel flying in the midst of heaven bringing the everlasting gospel....

so an engelic appearance must take place....and then the actual appearance of God to the prophet...as he did long ago..

JW's didn't have this..or they would have prophets.....for God always has prophets when his church is upon the earth

so keep looking dear..........................they will be called saints....they will have another book added to their bible....as in ezekial 37 states....they will temples..prophets...the sealing power...the Abrahamic covenat...the Royal priesthood..and everything the jews had..

the church of jesus chrsit of latter day...SAINTS

has it all

jean

I thought Jesus was the only way to heaven, not becoming a JW...

If you are tactful, people may be inclined to listen with an open mind. Well said!

What do I think?

A nice summarization.

• Josh6

They cannot if they disbelieve the Trinity.