Where to go on family vacation?

Hi! So my family of 4 decided to go on a big vacation this year but don't know where. My mom, dad, brother(17), and me(14). Oh and I'm a girl if just so you know. We wanna go on vacation somewhere around the beginning of August because that's when my mom put in as her vacation time. I want to go... show more Hi! So my family of 4 decided to go on a big vacation this year but don't know where. My mom, dad, brother(17), and me(14). Oh and I'm a girl if just so you know. We wanna go on vacation somewhere around the beginning of August because that's when my mom put in as her vacation time. I want to go somewhere far away that we can fly to because I just love flying in airplanes :) We were thinking of Cancun, but we don't know what hotel we would stay at that's not to expensive. My dad says he wants a room that has atleast 2 beds and an extra room so we're not all crammed in together. We were also thinking of the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, or the Mayan Riviera. My dad's not so much worried about the cost of the hotel as much as the cost of the flights since they're rather expensive. I was looking at the Riu Cancun as a hotel and my dad liked it but I couldnt find many flights that were not so expensive. So my question: Where should we go that is the most fun? Which hotels would you recommend? And if anyone could suggest good flights that would be amazing.
We would be leaving from BWI airport btw. Oh and if you have past experiences please share!!
Thanks so much<3
~Jenna:)