Does this look like beginning of nail fungus?

Last week I suddenly noticed that the right half of my big toe's nail bed had turned a slight darker shade (see picture below). I cannot determine if the tip of the nail is really different than it has been. I don't think there used to be such a defined yellow spot in the top left corner like that. The top... show more Last week I suddenly noticed that the right half of my big toe's nail bed had turned a slight darker shade (see picture below). I cannot determine if the tip of the nail is really different than it has been. I don't think there used to be such a defined yellow spot in the top left corner like that. The top right corner has always looked similar, but maybe has a bit larger and more yellow tip? The thin white lines across have been on my nails for as long as I can remember. I always thought it was from wearing nail polish constantly. Anyway, I was terrified it was nail fungus so I immediately went out and bought OTC medicine (undecylenic acid) and have been applying it 2x daily. I'm really paranoid about this progressing because nail fungus is pretty much my worst nightmare. lol. I'm not experiencing any other symptoms, as far as I'm aware. Does this look like the beginning of nail fungus, and if so, what else should I do to nip this thing in the bud?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/itsepainen/IMG_7703.jpg
1 answer 1