People say baking soda makes dermatitis better but it makes mine worse?

I accendently got baking soda on my hand where my dermatitis is. That was about an hour ago. But now it's all flared up and really itchy and it burns! I washed the baking soda of. My dermatitis was almost gone too. :( but this is not the first time it happened. I also used to use it with shampoo cause its food... show more I accendently got baking soda on my hand where my dermatitis is. That was about an hour ago. But now it's all flared up and really itchy and it burns! I washed the baking soda of. My dermatitis was almost gone too. :( but this is not the first time it happened. I also used to use it with shampoo cause its food for your hair. After the shower I had hives all over my back and back. So I stopped using it. (I was also allergic to the shampoo). But why is it doing this to me? Am I allergic to baking soda or something ?