What are gaming mouses good for?

I've always wondered what they improve and what they can do... I'm wondering if you could show me any good (not too expensive) left-handed gaming mouses which are good.

Favorite Answer

A normal mouse is typically cheaper and are slightly jumpy. Also, they lag when playing big games (i.e. Starcraft, Dota 2)

A Gaming mouse tracks smoothly and usually does not lag on games.

Here are 2: Desktop: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-deathad...

Portable: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-orochi

Source(s): experience

I have a Logitech G500 mouse. While it isn't exactly a hardcore 'gaming' mouse, it has lots of nice features for a cheap price.

For example, I can adjust my mouse sensitivity instantly just by pressing a button on the side of my mouse. So in game you can switch to a lower sensitivity instantly so you can be more accurate.

There are also extra buttons on my mouse that you can bind to different actions. I have two buttons set to adjust my computer volume, and another button to act as a Play/Pause button for my favorite media application.

Then there's the mousewheel, which has a 'Frictionless Scroll' feature which allows me to flick through long document extremely quickly.

My mouse has adjustable weights so I can add or remove weights to make it lighter or heavier as I choose.

Last but not least, the laser is has very high DPI making mouse aiming very accurate.

Gaming

I have the R.A.T 9 gaming mouse it costs a lot but its worth saving up for

they are shaped better for gaming, and they have buttons on the site that you can program to do certain things in the game, such as reload, which makes it a lot easier.

**** all, really