Help with windows 8 & flash player (please read)?

I recently bought a new computer with windows 8, I tried to download my quickbooks software and it says that there is and issue with flash player and it does not find it, but it comes already in the computer which I checked and verified with Adobe. What can be the problem and is there a fix. I'm not a computer... show more I recently bought a new computer with windows 8, I tried to download my quickbooks software and it says that there is and issue with flash player and it does not find it, but it comes already in the computer which I checked and verified with Adobe. What can be the problem and is there a fix. I'm not a computer geek so if you have a solution please respond in dummy terms I can understand. Thanks in advance
Update: I believe it said something about active X setup and failed to install. We have 2010 version.