When I stop physical therapy will the pain return? Will I need physical therapy forever?

Today, I found out that my L4 and L5 discs are protruding. I'm in EXCRUCIATING pain (normally the pain is constant; lately I can go an hour to 4 hours without pain but never a full day). I'm in physical therapy. I have been going for a month or so now. I was wondering will I need PT forever? At one point, I... show more Today, I found out that my L4 and L5 discs are protruding. I'm in EXCRUCIATING pain (normally the pain is constant; lately I can go an hour to 4 hours without pain but never a full day). I'm in physical therapy. I have been going for a month or so now. I was wondering will I need PT forever? At one point, I thought I was getting better. The pain was becoming very minimal; now it's back (no pun intended). I haven't stop PT at all since I started. I'm scared that when I stop PT, the pain will just return. Does anyone know if my fear holds validity? [yes, I am still in pain but it isn't as bad as when I 1st start PT; I'm hopeful that my back will recover. But I am fearful that when I stop PT in a few weeks the pain will come back and will be meanier.]
Update: Those websites were useless. Thanks anyway...