FSR asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 7 years ago

Your opinion please, language lovers: Spanish, Portuguese or Italian?

So, I have been approved for a fully funded volunteer opportunity anywhere in Europe. I have always loved languages and cultures, and can already speak fluent German after living there for two years. However, my German was already at a reasonable level and I spoke too much English the first year, ( I changed the second year). So I am unable to fully grasp how long it can take.

I have a very basic knowledge of Spanish (and i mean basic - hello my name is, i live in etc) but for Italian and Portuguese, I have no previous knowledge at all. I would like to volunteer in one of these three countries and would like to ask which level is possible to obtain in each of these languages after living in country for 9-12 months? Especially since I would be speaking it constantly and taking courses on the side. Which language is the easiest to make progress in? Is it really possible to reach an intermediate / advanced level in each of these languages in 9-12 months? Would it be more possible in one than in another?

Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

They would be pretty hard for you to learn because they are Latin languages and they have nothing to do with English or German which are German languages, and every language you learn, that ain't your native language, won't be easy. Actually there's nothing hard, you just need to study and practise all the time. Try to have a look on youtube watching videos about Italian people, Spanish people and Portuguese people talking then decide which sound you like best. Then, before going to Spain, Italy or wherever, you need to learn the language first because you'll get very confused and mixed-up because people, espacially, in Italy use their dialects a lot. If you decide to learn Italian and go to Italy, I'd advice you to go to the South because they have a nicer accent than people in the North.

I FOUND IT ABOUT SPANISH, ITALIAN AND FRENCH (sorry, nothung about Portuguese)

Spanish.

Pronounce is more regular than in Italian and, above all, in French. Italian does not write down the stress if it's not on the last syllabe, so you must go to the dictionary to know where put it, while in Spanish when it goes against the rule it's write down. French is difficult because it's not a phonetic language, as english.

Temps are easier in Spanish than in the other two languages.

Also ausiliar verbs in passé composé/: in Spanish they only use "haber", in French and in Italian 2: "avoir" and "être" or "avere" and "essere", so you've to memorize what verb wants the ausiliar "to be" and what wants "to have".

So, in my oipinion:

1) French (the most difficult)

2) Italian (is a bit more easier than French, only because it's a phonetic languages - temps and conjugation are difficult, anyway)

3) Spanish (is the easiest).

If you learn Spanish - that is a very beautiful languages - it's gonna help you to learn Italian and Italian to learn French (maybe you'll not trust me, but Italian and French are more silimar than Spanish and Italian).

The only thing in Spanish is more difficult than in the other two languages is the "Preterite". It also exists in Italian and in French - however French one is easier - but Spanish people use it everyday to describe a past action. Italian use it only in literature or in speech of the people living in the south of Italy. French one is going to be deleted.

Italian is the language with the bigger number of consonants sounds (b, k, ʧ, d, d̪, f, g, ʤ, l, ʎ, m, n, ŋ, ɲ, p, r, ɾ, s, z, t, t̪, v, ʣ, d̪z̪, ʦ, t̪s̪, ʃ) French the bigger number of vowels ones.

(a, ɑ, ɑ̃, e, ɛ, ɛː, ɛ̃, ə, i, œ, œ̃, ø, o, ɔ, ɔ̃, u, y, j, ɥ, w)

My favorite of those three languages (and actually my favorite language) is Portuguese. I think it's the most unique of the three and sounds the nicest. However, in Portugal, the people speak with a very strong accent and the language sounds much different than how they write, which might be a little tricky to pick up on, I'm not sure (as opposed to in Brazil, where spoken Portuguese and written Portuguese are much more similar to each other).

I don't know much about Spanish or Italian, nor have I been to either Spain or Italy, so I can't say much to that. As for speaking a tiny bit on Spanish right now, I don't think that will make a difference in how well you're able to learn the language, whether it be Spanish, Italian, or Portuguese. They are all very similar and sometimes entire sentences are the same between two of them.

As for where to volunteer, I can say that I love Portugal. The people are so nice and the country (the cities, rural area, catles, everything) is very beautiful. Like I said though, I've never been to Spain or Italy, so I can't compare. But I think the culture in Portugal and Spain is pretty similar.

• arruda

A friend's household speaks a little bit of all four, and so they say Italian and Spanish audio system can regularly comprehend each different's languages really good. However particularly it depends upon the place on the earth the languages are spoken. Spanish in Spain is probably very almost Portuguese in Portugal. However Brazilian Portuguese pronunciation and accent can be difficult for Spanish speakers to understand. And vital American Spanish may also be rough for Europeans to comprehend. Maintain in mind that all 4 languages have the special identical roots in Latin, so clearly they're all very identical.

Hi friend..I'm Italian and I speak Spanish too.. I know nothing about Portuguese language but this is my opinion: can be very difficult to learn these languages by an Engish mother tongue because the grammar and the syntax is very different.. These language derive by latin that has a complex grammatical structure.. I't's difficult for me to speak correctly in Spanish however my language is similar.In my opinion Spanish is the second idiom more spoken in the world and it has a good sound..Italian is easier than Spanish..because they often use subjunctive tense even if it is not to be necessary..

good luck

Well... Spanish, Portuguese and Italian are totally different than English, I mean, they are latin languages, and Engish is a German Language. I think Spanish is the less difficult, Italian and Portuguese are more difficult because they have to assamble articles, and they have a lot more exceptions than Spanish. I know this because I have a friend who is Brazilian, and a friend who is half Italian... and I took Spanish classes at school...

If you want to understand the a lot more informal, colloquial, common, every day variety of spoken Spanish then you must select this program https://tr.im/mBQHO the on the web Spanish course from Rocket Languages

With the Rocket Language course you will learn and emphasizes present day, daily, spoken Spanish, you will discover to talk Spanish just like a native speaker does in his standard daily dwell.

This program include the much more formal and appropriate Spanish that you would need to have to know, that you would be expected to know so if is what you are you looking then you came at the proper area.

A lot of people only can't manage to help keep losing and dropping and losing before the money is all gone. And alongside it get your house, your household and you respect but with Zcodes System from here https://tr.im/QuPQH this is simply not going to happen.

With Zcodes System you could have an automatic formula doing all that do the job in the backdrop and then formulating the absolute most probably outcome, you are able to use that information and pick the absolute most probably winning group far more effectively than the common Joe.

Zcodes suggests that you follow the A-B-C betting technique.  That's, create a 1-unit bet.  In the event that you lose, produce a 2-unit bet.  In the event that you lose that, create a 3-unit bet.  If you lost that, reset and begin back with your “A” bet. Applying this A-B-C strategy, you ought to come forward about 86.5% of that time period with each A-B-C series you perform applying Zcodes, very good odds.

Most people merely can't afford to keep dropping and losing and losing before the income is all gone. And along with it move your property, your household and you regard but with Zcodes System from here https://tr.im/h1Rnb this is not likely to happen.

With Zcodes System you can have an automated method doing all that do the job in the backdrop and then formulating the most likely result, you can apply that data and choose probably the most likely earning team much more precisely than the typical Joe.

Zcodes recommends that you follow the A-B-C betting technique.  That is, produce a 1-unit bet.  In the event that you lose, make a 2-unit bet.  If you lose that, create a 3-unit bet.  If you missing that, reset and begin right back along with your “A” bet. By using this A-B-C technique, you should come ahead about 86.5% of times with each A-B-C line you play using Zcodes, decent odds.

Italian is a much more beautiful language and is easier to speak than Spanish or Portuguese but Spanish is considerably more useful in general. I would say that you should got to Italy.

If you know French, then choose Italian: their grammars are almost incredibly similar. If you do not know French, then avoid Italian in your circumstances. Also, although Tuscan has been the literary language of Italy since the 12th century, it did not become the official national language until unification in the 1860s and there remain enormous regional differences within Italy.

Portuguese as spoken in Brazil is fairly straightforward but its pronunciation in Europe (or Africa) takes a lot of getting used to. Latin "secundus" which is "second" in English becomes "secundo" in both Spanish and Portuguese, but while it is pronounced "sigundu" in Brazil, the Portuguese turn it into something like "zgunt."

Your best bet is Spanish, provided you do not go south of Toledo. The official Spanish is a dialect of northern Spain (Castilian) which is straightforward and direct, even Laconic, clearly pronounced, with a pretty regular grammar. In the dialects of the south it is much less easy to understand when spoken ("Todos los criminales escapan y la policía no ha llegado ya." comes out as "Too lo criminales capan y la polisia no a yegao zha")

Source(s): Fluent Brazilian Portuguese (European Portuguese understood with some difficulty), very good Spanish and French, good Latin, fair Italian.

spanish will be more useful, and it's very easy to learn!!! portuguese is easy too (I'm a native speaker)

I want you think more about these both languages because you can speak spanish in europe and in all the centralamerica and almost all the south-america, and portuguese in Brazil, portugal and some places in Africa...

if I were you, I would learn spanish first, then, portuguese!! byebye