Playing/dancing on sprained knee?

So my friend, lets call her Sally, hurt her knee; she got x-rays, nothing broken, and a MRI, the doc thought she had a torn meniscus but a second opinion says she didn't and she was also told that her patella dislocated and popped back in by itself. She is trying to go without crutches and brace and just using... show more So my friend, lets call her Sally, hurt her knee; she got x-rays, nothing broken, and a MRI, the doc thought she had a torn meniscus but a second opinion says she didn't and she was also told that her patella dislocated and popped back in by itself. She is trying to go without crutches and brace and just using kinesio tape, but the hour I was with her helping in her baby ballet class she was limping really bad! She can barely bend her knee too.

The reason I'm saying all this is that she thinks she can dance in a week and a half (like doing a full ballet, en pointe)! What do you think? Her orthopedic or physical therapist told her she could dance by then but rehab is 2-3 weeks soooo...kind of contradicting! She told me that she is going to try to strengthen her knee in two days for the dress rehearsal, but she said it still hurts, constantly, like a bruise and that it just feels weak. I want her to dance, she is my bestfriend, but I don't want her to reinjury herself or make it worse. I'm also her double for the show so you can see how I have mixed feelings...What would you do?
1 answer 1